Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Aspiras A, Rohner N, Martineau B, Borowsky R, Tabin C. Melanocortin 4 receptor mutations contribute to the adaptation of cavefish to nutrient-poor conditions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:9668-73 pubmed publisher..The presence of the same allele in multiple caves appears to be due to selection from standing genetic variation present in surface populations. ..
- Tabin J, Aspiras A, Martineau B, Riddle M, Kowalko J, Borowsky R, et al. Temperature preference of cave and surface populations of Astyanax mexicanus. Dev Biol. 2018;441:338-344 pubmed publisher..This work establishes A. mexicanus as a genetically tractable system in which differences in temperature preference can be studied in naturally evolved populations. ..
- Shyer A, Huycke T, Lee C, Mahadevan L, Tabin C. Bending gradients: how the intestinal stem cell gets its home. Cell. 2015;161:569-580 pubmed publisher..Villus cluster signals, notably Bmp4, feed back on the overlying epithelium to ultimately restrict the stem cells to the base of each villus. ..
- ..Where relevant, we discuss the mechanisms of chick midgut morphogenesis in the context of experimental data from other model systems. ..
- Uygur A, Young J, Huycke T, Koska M, Briscoe J, Tabin C. Scaling Pattern to Variations in Size during Development of the Vertebrate Neural Tube. Dev Cell. 2016;37:127-35 pubmed publisher..This mechanism contrasts with previous experimental and theoretical analyses of morphogenic scaling that have focused on compensatory changes in the morphogen gradient itself. ..
- Lehoczky J, Tabin C. Lgr6 marks nail stem cells and is required for digit tip regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13249-54 pubmed publisher..This role is confirmed by analysis of Lgr6-deficient mice, which have both a nail and bone regeneration defect. ..
- Young J, Tabin C. Saunders's framework for understanding limb development as a platform for investigating limb evolution. Dev Biol. 2017;429:401-408 pubmed publisher..Other classes of modification to these same patterning systems are seen at the root of other, novel limb morphological alterations and elaborations. ..
- Tschopp P, Tabin C. Deep homology in the age of next-generation sequencing. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2017;372: pubmed..This article is part of the themed issue 'Evo-devo in the genomics era, and the origins of morphological diversity'. ..
- Hiscock T, Tschopp P, Tabin C. On the Formation of Digits and Joints during Limb Development. Dev Cell. 2017;41:459-465 pubmed publisher..Moreover, extension of the digit rays and the patterning of the joints occur simultaneously at the distal tip, implying that an integrated model is required to fully understand these processes. ..