Robert P Sundel
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Kawasaki diseaseRobert P Sundel
Boston Children s Hospital, Rheumatology Program, 300 Longwood Avenue, and Harvard Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, 25 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA Electronic address
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 41:63-73, viii. 2015....
- Pain hypersensitivity in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a quantitative sensory testing studyLaura Cornelissen
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, 333 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 12:39. 2014..Generalized hypersensitivity was evaluated by comparing QST measures at the thenar eminence between JIA and healthy control children...
- Paediatric rheumatic disease: Classification warfareRobert P Sundel
Boston Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 8:570-2. 2012..In the absence of definitive diagnostic tests, several schemes for the classification of paediatric vasculitis have been devised and periodically updated, but are these revisions necessary and useful?..
- Pediatric chronic nonbacterial osteomyelitisArturo Borzutzky
Program in Rheumatology, Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 130:e1190-7. 2012..We conducted a retrospective review to assess the clinical characteristics and treatment responses of a large cohort of pediatric CNO patients...
- Gene-expression patterns reveal underlying biological processes in Kawasaki diseaseStephen J Popper
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, and Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Genome Biol 8:R261. 2007..No etiologic agent(s) has been identified, and the processes that mediate formation of coronary artery aneurysms and abatement of fever following treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) remain poorly understood...
- Complete and sustained remission of juvenile dermatomyositis resulting from aggressive treatmentSusan Kim
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1825-30. 2009..To assess the time needed to achieve sustained, medication-free remission in a cohort of patients with juvenile dermatomyositis (DM) receiving a stepwise, aggressive treatment protocol...
- Treatment of Kawasaki disease: analysis of 27 US pediatric hospitals from 2001 to 2006Mary Beth F Son
Department of Medicine and cCardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 124:1-8. 2009..We sought to analyze trends in admissions and to describe therapies used for acute Kawasaki disease over a 6-year period...
- Infliximab for intravenous immunoglobulin resistance in Kawasaki disease: a retrospective studyMary Beth Son
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr 158:644-649.e1. 2011..To test the hypothesis that first re-treatment with infliximab, compared with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), might improve outcomes in IVIG-resistant Kawasaki disease...
- Performance of 2004 American Heart Association recommendations for treatment of Kawasaki diseaseElizabeth S Yellen
Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Cardiology, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 125:e234-41. 2010..We explored the performance of these recommendations in a multicenter series of US patients with KD with coronary artery aneurysms (CAAs)...
- Clinical effects and safety of rituximab for treatment of refractory pediatric autoimmune diseasesMoussa El-Hallak
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Pediatr 150:376-82. 2007..To evaluate the safety, tolerability, and clinical effects of rituximab, an anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, in the treatment of severe pediatric autoimmune diseases...
- Chronic minocycline-induced autoimmunity in childrenMoussa El-Hallak
Division of Immunology, Program in Rheumatology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr 153:314-9. 2008..To report our experience with minocycline-induced autoimmunity (MIA) in children, with an emphasis on the potential for chronicity...
- Comparison of Vancouver and International League of Associations for rheumatology classification criteria for juvenile psoriatic arthritisMatthew L Stoll
Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:51-8. 2008..The impact of this change on the population diagnosed with juvenile PsA is unknown...
- MRI findings of juvenile psoriatic arthritisEdward Y Lee
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Skeletal Radiol 37:987-96. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) features of juvenile psoriatic arthritis (JpsA) in children in order to facilitate early diagnosis and proper management...
- Patients with juvenile psoriatic arthritis comprise two distinct populationsMatthew L Stoll
Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3564-72. 2006..Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) in children is clinically heterogeneous. We examined a large population of children with juvenile PsA for evidence of phenotypic clustering that could suggest the presence of distinct clinical entities...
- Characteristics of children discharged from hospitals in the United States in 2000 with the diagnosis of acute rheumatic feverChristina Y Miyake
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 120:503-8. 2007..The goal was to describe characteristics of children discharged from hospitals in the United States in 2000 with the diagnosis of acute rheumatic fever...
- Randomized trial of pulsed corticosteroid therapy for primary treatment of Kawasaki diseaseJane W Newburger
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 356:663-75. 2007..Studies have suggested that primary corticosteroid therapy might be beneficial and that adverse events are infrequent with short-term use...
- Coronary artery dilation among patients presenting with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritisBryce A Binstadt
Rheumatology Program, Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 116:e89-93. 2005..To evaluate coronary artery diameters among patients presenting with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SoJIA)...
- Multiple juvenile idiopathic arthritis subtypes demonstrate proinflammatory IgG glycosylationAltan Ercan
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3025-33. 2012..The aim of this study was to conduct the first large-scale survey of IgG glycans in healthy children and patients with JIA, with a focus on early childhood, the time of peak JIA incidence...
- Urine proteomics for discovery of improved diagnostic markers of Kawasaki diseaseAlex Kentsis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO Mol Med 5:210-20. 2013....
- MRI features of Lyme arthritis in childrenKirsten Ecklund
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1904-9. 2005..We wanted to identify MRI features that may distinguish Lyme arthritis from septic arthritis in children...
- Primary lyme arthritis of the pediatric hipMichael P Glotzbecker
Department of Orthopaedics, Division of Immunology Rheumatology Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 31:787-90. 2011..There are only a few case reports describing Lyme disease presenting with isolated hip involvement. The purpose of this study is to review our experience with primary Lyme arthritis of the hip...
- Vasculitis in childrenFatma Dedeoglu
Program in Rheumatology, Division of Immunology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 52:547-75, vii. 2005..This article provides a general overview of vasculitis, situations in which the diagnosis should be considered, diagnostic methods, and therapeutic considerations. Details and treatments unique to specific vasculitides are also reviewed...
- Musculoskeletal causes of pediatric chest painMary Beth F Son
Division of Immunology, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 57:1385-95. 2010..Thus, efficient and accurate identification of the cause of pediatric chest pain by a thorough history and physical examination is important to minimize the disruption it may cause...