Affiliation: Harvard University
- Pediatric sports injuries: a comparison of males versus femalesAndrea Stracciolini
Andrea Stracciolini, Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Sports Med 42:965-72. 2014..There is still much that we do not know about differences in sports injuries between young male and female athletes and the factors that may increase the risk for injuries in this regard...
- Pediatric sports injuries: an age comparison of children versus adolescentsAndrea Stracciolini
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:1922-9. 2013..Children continue to engage in physically demanding, organized sports to a greater extent despite the lack of physical readiness, predisposing themselves to injury...
- Exercise-deficit disorder in children: are we ready to make this diagnosis?Andrea Stracciolini
Department of Orthopaedics, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Phys Sportsmed 41:94-101. 2013..Connecting pediatric health care professionals with pediatric exercise specialists, culminating in an established professional collaborative system, is critical for promoting healthy behaviors throughout childhood and adolescence...
- Exercise deficit disorder in youth: a paradigm shift toward disease prevention and comprehensive careGregory D Myer
Division of Sports Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 12:248-55. 2013....
- Symptom severity predicts prolonged recovery after sport-related concussion, but age and amnesia do notWilliam P Meehan
Micheli Center for Sports Injury Prevention, Sports Concussion Clinic, Division of Sports Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr 163:721-5. 2013..To identify predictors of prolonged symptoms in athletes who sustain concussions...
- Knee injury patterns in young irish dancersMichael A Beasley
Division of Sports Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, 319 Longwood Ave, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA Tel 617 355 3501, fax 617 730 0176
Med Probl Perform Art 29:70-3. 2014..To characterize knee injury patterns in Irish dancers...