Susan T Stewart
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The impact of symptoms and impairments on overall health in US national health dataSusan T Stewart
Program for Health Systems Improvement, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 46:954-62. 2008..To assess the effects on overall self-rated health of the broad range of symptoms and impairments that are routinely asked about in national surveys...
- Forecasting the effects of obesity and smoking on U.S. life expectancySusan T Stewart
Harvard University Interfaculty Program for Health Systems Improvement, Boston, MA, USA
N Engl J Med 361:2252-60. 2009..Having a better understanding of the joint effects of these trends on longevity and quality of life will facilitate more efficient targeting of health care resources...
- The value of medical interventions for lung cancer in the elderly: results from SEER-CMHSFRebecca M Woodward
Harvard Interfaculty Program for Health Systems Improvement, Department of Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02145, USA
Cancer 110:2511-8. 2007..However, the value of spending on the treatment of lung cancer has not been conclusively demonstrated. The authors evaluated the value of medical care between 1983 and 1997 for nonsmall cell lung cancer in the elderly US population...
- Active surveillance compared with initial treatment for men with low-risk prostate cancer: a decision analysisJulia H Hayes
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 304:2373-80. 2010..Treatment of these cancers is associated with substantial morbidity. Active surveillance is an alternative to initial treatment, but long-term outcomes and effect on quality of life have not been well characterized...
- Utilities for prostate cancer health states in men aged 60 and olderSusan T Stewart
Harvard Interfaculty Program for Health Systems Improvement and the National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 43:347-55. 2005..We sought to measure utilities for prostate cancer health states in older men...
- Do out-of-pocket health expenditures rise with age among older Americans?Susan T Stewart
Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gerontologist 44:48-57. 2004..Relationships are examined between age and out-of-pocket costs for different health goods and services among the older population...