Henry Thomas Stelfox
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Monitoring amiodarone's toxicities: recommendations, evidence, and clinical practiceHenry Thomas Stelfox
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:110-22. 2004..We sought to develop an explicit evidence-based model of medication monitoring and to evaluate monitoring practices and adverse drug events in patients taking amiodarone at one institution...
- The relation of patient satisfaction with complaints against physicians and malpractice lawsuitsHenry Thomas Stelfox
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Am J Med 118:1126-33. 2005..We sought to examine associations among patients' satisfaction survey ratings of physicians' performance and complaints from patients, risk management episodes, and rates of malpractice lawsuits...
- Safety of patients isolated for infection controlHenry Thomas Stelfox
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
JAMA 290:1899-905. 2003..Hospital infection control policies that use patient isolation prevent nosocomial transmission of infectious diseases, but may inadvertently lead to patient neglect and errors...
- An evaluation of the adequacy of outpatient monitoring of thyroid replacement therapyHenry Thomas Stelfox
Health Policy at Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 10:525-30. 2004..Monitoring may prevent or minimize the consequences of adverse drug events (ADEs). We sought to develop an explicit model of medication monitoring and to evaluate monitoring processes and ADEs in patients taking levothyroxine...
- Tracheostomy tube malposition in patients admitted to a respiratory acute care unit following prolonged ventilationUlrich Schmidt
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Chest 134:288-94. 2008..We determined the incidence of tracheostomy tube malposition, identified the associated risk factors, and examined the effect of malposition on clinical outcomes...