Affiliation: Harvard University
- Closed-loop insulin therapy improves glycemic control in children aged <7 years: a randomized controlled trialAndrew Dauber
Division of Endocrinology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Care 36:222-7. 2013..To assess the possibility of improving nocturnal glycemic control as well as meal glycemic response using closed-loop therapy in children aged <7 years...
- Critical illness hyperglycemia: is failure of the beta-cell to meet extreme insulin demand indicative of dysfunction?Garry M Steil
Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Crit Care 13:129. 2009..However, alternative explanations that the failure is secondary to an increase in insulin resistance leading to beta-cell exhaustion, or a negative impact of exogenous glucocorticoid therapy, may be equally likely...
- Use of a continuous glucose sensor in an extracorporeal life support circuitGarry M Steil
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 5:93-8. 2011..The present study was designed to assess performance and clinical applicability of a subcutaneous glucose sensor technology modified for use as a blood-contacting sensor within the ECLS circuit...
- The effect of insulin feedback on closed loop glucose controlGarry M Steil
Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1402-8. 2011....
- Long Term Glucose Sensing & Physiologic Insulin DeliveryGarry Steil; Fiscal Year: 2002....