Joseph G Sodroski
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Kar A, Mao Y, Bird G, WALENSKY L, Sodroski J. Characterization of a core fragment of the rhesus monkey TRIM5α protein. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:1 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the B-box 2, coiled-coil and linker 2 regions of TRIM5α form a core dimerization motif that exhibits a high level of alpha-helical content. ..
- Madani N, Princiotto A, Zhao C, Jahanbakhshsefidi F, Mertens M, Herschhorn A, et al. Activation and Inactivation of Primary Human Immunodeficiency Virus Envelope Glycoprotein Trimers by CD4-Mimetic Compounds. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanistic factors that influence the activity of CD4-mimetic compounds can help to improve their potency and coverage of diverse HIV-1 strains. ..
- Nguyen H, Madani N, Ding H, Elder E, Princiotto A, Gu C, et al. Evaluation of the contribution of the transmembrane region to the ectodomain conformation of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) envelope glycoprotein. Virol J. 2017;14:33 pubmed publisher..However, for HIV-1 Env ectodomains that are minimally modified, membrane-anchored Envs exhibit the most native structures and can be stabilized by appropriately positioned FT domains. ..
- Herschhorn A, Gu C, Moraca F, Ma X, Farrell M, Smith A, et al. The β20-β21 of gp120 is a regulatory switch for HIV-1 Env conformational transitions. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1049 pubmed publisher..These HIV-1 mutants require less CD4 to infect cells and are relatively resistant to State 1-preferring broadly neutralizing antibodies. These data provide insights into the molecular mechanism and vulnerability of HIV-1 entry. ..
- Tipper C, Sodroski J. Contribution of glutamine residues in the helix 4-5 loop to capsid-capsid interactions in simian immunodeficiency virus of macaques. J Virol. 2014;88:10289-302 pubmed publisher..This strategy may allow these viruses to forego the use of capsid-stabilizing factors from the host cell, some of which have antiviral activity. ..
- Zhang S, Sodroski J. Efficient human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection of cells lacking PDZD8. Virology. 2015;481:73-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PDZD8 is not absolutely necessary for HIV-1 infection and diminishes its attractiveness as a potential target for intervention. ..