Patrick M Sluss
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Mass spectrometric and physiological validation of a sensitive, automated, direct immunoassay for serum estradiol using the ArchitectPatrick M Sluss
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Chim Acta 388:99-105. 2008..The challenge for all currently available direct methods for measuring E(2) is to provide accuracy and precision across a wide dynamic range...
- Genetic variation in the progesterone receptor gene and ovarian cancer riskKathryn L Terry
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 161:442-51. 2005..76, 95% confidence interval: 0.62, 0.92). Associations were similar after stratifying by ovarian cancer histologies and risk factors...
- High-resolution reference ranges for estradiol, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone in men and women using the AxSYM assay systemAnand S Dighe
Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Biochem 38:175-9. 2005..High-resolution reference ranges are essential for reproductive hormones due to the significant day-to-day variation seen with these analytes...
- Sex hormone levels and risk of cardiovascular events in postmenopausal womenKathryn M Rexrode
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 900 Commonwealth Ave E, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Circulation 108:1688-93. 2003..Despite diffuse effects of sex hormones on the cardiovascular system, few prospective studies have examined the relationship of plasma androgens and estrogens with risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in postmenopausal women...
- p53 autoantibodies as potential detection and prognostic biomarkers in serous ovarian cancerKaren S Anderson
Cancer Vaccine Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, HIM416, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:859-68. 2010..This study examined the value of serum p53 autoantibodies (p53-AAb) as detection and prognostic biomarkers in ovarian cancer...
- Differential distribution of follistatin isoforms: application of a new FS315-specific immunoassayAlan L Schneyer
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5067-75. 2004..They also confirm that the source of FST in human serum is not the ovarian follicle...
- Blood and urine markers for ovarian cancer: a comprehensive reviewKathryn L Terry
Ob-Gyn Center Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Dis Markers 20:53-70. 2004
- Improved detection of serum estradiol after sample extraction procedureAnand S Dighe
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Chem 50:764-6. 2004
- Establishment of a central laboratory serum tumor marker service on a consolidated immunodiagnostic platform: development of practice standards, service improvements, and operational efficiencyPatrick M Sluss
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 18:25-31. 2004....
- CA125 immune complexes in ovarian cancer patients with low CA125 concentrationsDaniel W Cramer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Chem 56:1889-92. 2010..Because CA125 and MUC1 are related members of the mucin family, we sought to determine whether CICs might also exist for CA125 and interfere with its clinical assay...
- Reproductive ageing and ovarian function: is the early follicular phase FSH rise necessary to maintain adequate secretory function in older ovulatory women?Karl R Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hum Reprod 20:89-95. 2005..The goal of this investigation was to determine if ovarian secretory capacity is dependent on relative FSH levels and if basal measures of ovarian reserve reflect ovarian secretory capacity...
- Age-related analysis of inhibin A, inhibin B, and activin a relative to the intercycle monotropic follicle-stimulating hormone rise in normal ovulatory womenNancy A Klein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2977-81. 2004..Thus, the monotropic rise in FSH does not appear to result from changes in inhibin A or activin A, supporting the concept that inhibin B plays a critical role in mediating the FSH rise in older women...
- Endocrine assessment of relative reproductive age in normal eumenorrheic younger and older women across multiple cyclesTarun Jain
Division of Reproduction Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1080-4. 2003..The aim of this study was to better characterize the ranges and intercycle variability for day 3 follicle-stimulating hormone, estradiol, and inhibin B levels in normal eumenorrheic women...