Affiliation: Harvard University
- Clinical trials in coronary angiogenesis: issues, problems, consensus: An expert panel summaryM Simons
Angiogenesis Research Center, BIDMC, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 102:E73-86. 2000....
- Therapeutic angiogenesis with basic fibroblast growth factor: technique and early resultsF W Sellke
Angiogenesis Research Center, Department of Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 65:1540-4. 1998....
- Therapeutic angiogenesis in cardiology using protein formulationsM J Post
Angiogenesis Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cardiovasc Res 49:522-31. 2001....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors is increased, but microvascular relaxation is impaired in patients after acute myocardial ischemiaX Xu
Harvard Medical School and the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Angiogenesis Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:735-42. 2001....
- Intrapericardial delivery of fibroblast growth factor-2 induces neovascularization in a porcine model of chronic myocardial ischemiaR J Laham
Angiogenesis Research Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:795-802. 2000..This mode of FGF-2 administration may prove to be a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of patients with ischemic heart disease...
- Intracoronary and intravenous administration of basic fibroblast growth factor: myocardial and tissue distributionR J Laham
Angiogenesis Research Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 27:821-6. 1999..The less invasive nature of i.v. delivery, its potential for repeat administration, and its applicability to a larger population may offset its resultant reduced myocardial deposition. Efficacy studies are ongoing...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis with recombinant fibroblast growth factor-2 improves stress and rest myocardial perfusion abnormalities in patients with severe symptomatic chronic coronary artery diseaseJ E Udelson
Cardiac Imaging Core Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, New England Medical Center Hospitals Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Circulation 102:1605-10. 2000..We report the effects of the administration of recombinant fibroblast growth factor-2 (rFGF-2) protein on myocardial perfusion using single photon emission computed tomography imaging in humans with advanced coronary disease...
- Coronary angiogenesis: detection in vivo with MR imaging sensitive to collateral neocirculation--preliminary study in pigsJ D Pearlman
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Angiogenesis Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center East, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Radiology 214:801-7. 2000..To assess the ability to track neovascularization over time with a magnetic resonance (MR) imaging technique sensitized to new intramyocardial collateral development as a means of evaluating therapeutic angiogenesis...
- Angiogenesis in cardiovascular disease: current status and therapeutic potentialF W Sellke
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Drugs 58:391-6. 1999..Thus, therapeutic angiogenesis has the potential to extend treatment options to patients who are not optimal candidates for conventional methods of myocardial revascularisation...
- Attenuation of endothelium-dependent dilation of pig pulmonary arterioles after cardiopulmonary bypass is prevented by monoclonal antibody to complement C5aK W Park
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Anesth Analg 89:42-8. 1999..We conclude that pig pulmonary endothelial dysfunction associated with CPB may be mediated by C5a. The mechanism may involve changes in NOS translation...
- Serial motion assessment by reference tracking (SMART): application to detection of local functional impact of chronic myocardial ischemiaJ D Pearlman
Angiogenesis Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:558-62. 2001..To compare measurements of wall motion and thickening with and without correcting for cardiac twisting and shortening...
- Intramyocardial delivery of FGF2 in combination with radio frequency transmyocardial revascularizationJ Bao
Angiogenesis Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 53:429-34. 2001..In conclusion, the combination of RF ablation and growth factor delivery using the RF-PMR system is feasible and efficient. Cathet Cardiovasc Intervent 2001;53:429-434...
- Gene transfer for angiogenesis in coronary artery diseaseR J Laham
Angiogenesis Research Center, Interventional Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Annu Rev Med 52:485-502. 2001..Finally, we discuss the promises and pitfalls of clinical angiogenesis and gene transfer studies, stressing the importance of proper design of clinical trials and adequate protection of research subjects...
- Comparison of transendocardial and retrograde coronary venous intramyocardial catheter delivery systems in healthy and infarcted pigsD V Baklanov
Angiogenesis Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:416-23. 2006....
- Basic FGF reduces stunning via a NOS2-dependent pathway in coronary-perfused mouse heartsT G Hampton
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H260-8. 2000..We conclude that basic FGF attenuates myocardial stunning independent of alterations in Ca(i)(2+) by stimulating NO production via an NOS2-dependent pathway...
- Re-evaluating therapeutic neovascularizationE D de Muinck
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Angiogenesis Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:25-32. 2004..Attention should also be focused on the way in which arteriogenesis is stimulated and the endpoints of clinical trials should be redefined...
- Antisense oligonucleotide inhibition of PDGFR-beta receptor subunit expression directs suppression of intimal thickeningM G Sirois
Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, Brigham and Women s Hospital E R E, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 95:669-76. 1997..Platelet-derived growth factor-BB (PDGF-BB) released from activated platelets adherent to subendothelial connective tissue is a principal smooth muscle cell chemotactic factor...