Peter J Siekmeier
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Development of antipsychotic medications with novel mechanisms of action based on computational modeling of hippocampal neuropathologyPeter J Siekmeier
Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58607. 2013..As such, they generate specific falsifiable hypotheses, which can guide postmortem and other laboratory research. Significantly, this work also suggests specific non-obvious targets for potential pharmacologic agents...
- Modeling of context-dependent retrieval in hippocampal region CA1: implications for cognitive function in schizophreniaPeter J Siekmeier
Department of Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Schizophr Res 89:177-90. 2007..As such, it can shed light on the etiology of schizophrenia in a fundamental way, and also holds the promise of pointing the way to more effective treatments...
- Evidence of multistability in a realistic computer simulation of hippocampus subfield CA1Peter J Siekmeier
Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Behav Brain Res 200:220-31. 2009..Ways that this methodology could shed light on the etiology of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, are discussed...
- Patterns of spontaneous magnetoencephalographic activity in patients with schizophreniaPeter J Siekmeier
Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 27:179-90. 2010....
- Enhanced semantic priming in schizophrenia: a computer model based on excessive pruning of local connections in association cortexPeter J Siekmeier
Department of Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Br J Psychiatry 180:345-50. 2002..Many studies have found that people with schizophrenia exhibit abnormally high levels of semantic priming. Post-mortem and neuroimaging studies of schizophrenia suggest a reduction of neuritic processes (dendrites and synapses)...
- Dopaminergic contributions to hippocampal pathophysiology in schizophrenia: a computational studyPeter J Siekmeier
1 Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA 2 Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:1713-21. 2014....
- Computational Modeling of Hippocampus in SchizophreniaPeter Siekmeier; Fiscal Year: 2007....