Irene M Shui
Affiliation: Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Predictive value of seizure ICD-9 codes for vaccine safety researchIrene M Shui
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Vaccine 27:5307-12. 2009..In conclusion, when using ICD-9 codes to identify seizure outcomes, restricting to the ED and inpatient settings of diagnosis may result in less biased preliminary analyses and more efficient vaccine safety studies...
- Association of prostate cancer risk variants with gene expression in normal and tumor tissueKathryn L Penney
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts Channing Division of Network Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 24:255-60. 2015..One possibility is that these variants influence gene expression in prostate tissue. We therefore examined the association of prostate cancer risk variants with the expression of genes nearby and genome-wide...
- Calcium and phosphorus intake and prostate cancer risk: a 24-y follow-up studyKathryn M Wilson
From the Departments of Epidemiology KMW, IMS, Lam, and EG and Nutrition EG, Harvard School of Public Health, Channing Division of Network Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA KMW, Lam, and EG
Am J Clin Nutr 101:173-83. 2015..High calcium intake has been associated with an increased risk of advanced-stage and high-grade prostate cancer. Several studies have found a positive association between phosphorus intake and prostate cancer risk...
- Vitamin D-related genetic variation, plasma vitamin D, and risk of lethal prostate cancer: a prospective nested case-control studyIrene M Shui
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:690-9. 2012..The association of vitamin D status with prostate cancer is controversial; no association has been observed for overall incidence, but there is a potential link with lethal disease...
- Active surveillance for adverse events: the experience of the Vaccine Safety Datalink projectW Katherine Yih
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, 133 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 127:S54-64. 2011..To describe the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) project's experience with population-based, active surveillance for vaccine safety and draw lessons that may be useful for similar efforts...