Genomes and Genes
Carl S Shelley
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Mapping of the human CD11c (ITGAX) and CD11d (ITGAD) genes demonstrates that they are arranged in tandem separated by no more than 11.5 kbC S Shelley
Leukocyte Biology and Inflammation Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02115, USA
Genomics 49:334-6. 1998
- During U937 monocytic differentiation repression of the CD43 gene promoter is mediated by the single-stranded DNA binding protein Pur alphaC S Shelley
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Br J Haematol 115:159-66. 2001..Consequently, Pur alpha represents a potential means by which the induction of pro-adhesive molecules and the repression of anti-adhesive molecules is co-ordinated during leucocyte differentiation...
- During differentiation of the monocytic cell line U937, Pur alpha mediates induction of the CD11c beta 2 integrin gene promoterC Simon Shelley
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Immunol 168:3887-93. 2002..Together, these increases in the functional activity of both Puralpha and Sp1 combine to induce CD11c expression...
- hnRNP-K and Pur(alpha) act together to repress the transcriptional activity of the CD43 gene promoterNicolas Da Silva
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Blood 100:3536-44. 2002..The hnRNP-K molecule and Pur(alpha) bind single-stranded DNA. Therefore, exposure of single-stranded structures within the CD43 promoter probably plays a major role in effecting CD43 repression...
- The zinc finger transcription factor ZBP-89 is a repressor of the human beta 2-integrin CD11b geneHeiyoung Park
Leukocyte Biology and Inflammation Program, Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 101:894-902. 2003..A clear inverse relationship was observed in the latter but not the former state, suggesting that ZBP-89 represses CD11b gene expression during the further differentiation of monocytes into macrophages...
- Leukocyte adhesion during hypoxia is mediated by HIF-1-dependent induction of beta2 integrin gene expressionTianqing Kong
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10440-5. 2004..Taken together, these results demonstrate that hypoxia induces leukocyte beta2 integrin expression and function by transcriptional mechanisms dependent upon HIF-1...
- Identification of Pur alpha as a new hypoxia response factor responsible for coordinated induction of the beta 2 integrin familyTianqing Kong
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 179:1934-41. 2007..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that hypoxia induces a coordinated up-regulation in beta(2) integrin expression that is dependent upon transcriptional mechanisms mediated by HIF-1 and Pur alpha...
- CD11c gene expression in hairy cell leukemia is dependent upon activation of the proto-oncogenes ras and junDFotini Nicolaou
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Blood 101:4033-41. 2003..Together, these data indicate that the abnormal expression of the CD11c gene characteristic of HCL is dependent upon activation of the proto-oncogenes ras and junD...
- The transcription factor ZBP-89 controls generation of the hematopoietic lineage in zebrafish and mouse embryonic stem cellsXiangen Li
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 133:3641-50. 2006..These findings establish a unique regulatory role for ZBP-89, positioned at the interface between early blood and blood vessel development...