Affiliation: Harvard University
- Targeting PI3K and RAD51 in Barrett's adenocarcinoma: impact on DNA damage checkpoints, expression profile and tumor growthJagannath Pal
Department of Adult Oncology, Harvard Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 9:55-66. 2012..Simultaneous suppression of PI3K and RAD51, especially in cells with lower AKT expression, can significantly reduce their proliferative potential...
- Telomeres, lifestyle, cancer, and agingMasood A Shammas
Harvard Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 14:28-34. 2011..The purpose of this review was to highlight the importance of telomeres in human health and aging and to summarize possible lifestyle factors that may affect health and longevity by altering the rate of telomere shortening...
- Purification of diseased cells from Barrett's esophagus and related lesions by laser capture microdissectionMasood A Shammas
Department of Medical Oncology, Harvard Dana Farber Cancer Institute and VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 755:181-7. 2011..This chapter, therefore, emphasizes the importance of laser capture microdissection and provides the method to purify Barrett's esophagus related cells, using this technique...
- Identification of genes modulated in multiple myeloma using genetically identical twin samplesNikhil C Munshi
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston MA 02115, USA
Blood 103:1799-806. 2004..By identifying genes uniquely altered in MM cells compared with normal PCs in an identical genotypic background, the current study provides the framework to identify novel therapeutic targets...
- Phenotypic and functional effects of heat shock protein 90 inhibition on dendritic cellJooeun Bae
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 178:7730-7. 2007....
- Combination therapy with interleukin-6 receptor superantagonist Sant7 and dexamethasone induces antitumor effects in a novel SCID-hu In vivo model of human multiple myelomaPierfrancesco Tassone
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4251-8. 2005....
- Telomerase And Homologous Recombination As Targets In Barrett's AdenocarcinomaMasood A Shammas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also identify the agents which would re-activate shortening of chromosome ends in these cells and inhibit the growth of this cancer. ..