Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Physical and functional connection between auxilin and dynamin during endocytosisSanja Sever
Renal Unit, Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 25:4163-74. 2006..Together, our findings support the model that the GTP-bound conformation of dynamin tetramers stimulates formation of constricted coated pits at the plasma membrane by regulating the chaperone activity of hsc70/auxilin...
- Assays and functional properties of auxilin-dynamin interactionsSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 404:570-85. 2005..Here we describe three different in vitro assays that monitor auxilin-dynamin interactions, as well as fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy that identify direct interactions between dynamin and auxilin in cells...
- Direct dynamin-actin interactions regulate the actin cytoskeletonChangkyu Gu
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 29:3593-606. 2010..Together, our results support a model in which assembled dynamin, generated through interactions with short actin filaments, promotes actin polymerization via displacement of actin-CPs...
- CD2AP in mouse and human podocytes controls a proteolytic program that regulates cytoskeletal structure and cellular survivalSuma Yaddanapudi
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 121:3965-80. 2011..Our study identifies CD2AP as the gatekeeper of the podocyte TGF-β response through its regulation of CatL expression and defines a molecular mechanism underlying proteinuric kidney disease...
- Dynasore puts a new spin on dynamin: a surprising dual role during vesicle formationSharif R Nankoe
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Trends Cell Biol 16:607-9. 2006....
- Dynamin and endocytosisSanja Sever
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 14:463-7. 2002..Novel data point more clearly than ever towards a role for this protein in the actin cytoskeleton, mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and apoptosis, suggesting that dynamin might be a signaling GTPase...
- Proteolytic processing of dynamin by cytoplasmic cathepsin L is a mechanism for proteinuric kidney diseaseSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division and Program in Glomerular Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital MGH and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2095-104. 2007..Our study identifies dynamin as a critical regulator of renal permselectivity that is specifically targeted by proteolysis under pathological conditions...
- AP-2 makes room for rivalsSanja Sever
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Program in Membrane Biology, Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Dev Cell 5:530-2. 2003..These novel data suggest the intriguing possibility that the major role of AP-2 is in cargo recruitment, and not in assembly of functionally active clathrin-coated pits...
- Auxilin-dynamin interactions link the uncoating ATPase chaperone machinery with vesicle formationSherri L Newmyer
G W Hooper Foundation, The University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Cell 4:929-40. 2003..The data suggest that dynamin regulates the action of molecular chaperones in vesicle budding during endocytosis...
- Role of dynamin-auxilin interactions in endocytosisSanja Sever; Fiscal Year: 2009..The function of lipid binding/phosphatase activity by auxilin in endocytosis will be examined using a semi-permeable cell assay. ..