Katherine A Schneider
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Sharing BRCA1/2 test results with first-degree relatives: factors predicting who women tellAndrea Farkas Patenaude
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:700-6. 2006..This study identifies factors predicting patterns of disclosure of BRCA1/2 test results to first-degree relatives (FDRs) among women tested in a clinical protocol...
- Accuracy of cancer family histories: comparison of two breast cancer syndromesKatherine A Schneider
Population Sciences, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genet Test 8:222-8. 2004..Our data suggest that it may not be necessary to confirm breast cancer diagnoses routinely; however, documentation of other cancer types remains important for appropriate risk assessment and follow-up...
- Ethical issues in cancer genetics: I 1) whose information is it?Katherine A Schneider
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, SM331, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Genet Couns 15:491-503. 2006..e. duty to warn). We also provide a summary of consensus points and additional discussion questions for each case...
- A novel TP53 germline mutation in a family with a history of multiple malignancies: case report and review of the literaturePankaj K Agarwalla
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital of Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 44:501-8. 2008..We describe our finding of a novel germline mutation in the TP53 gene in a family with multiple malignancies and in association with a child presenting with CPC...
- BRCA1/2 genetic testing in the community settingWendy Y Chen
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4485-92. 2002..This study evaluates the process and early outcomes of BRCA1/2 genetic testing as a clinical service in the community setting...
- Talking to Children About Maternal BRCA1/2 Genetic Test Results: A Qualitative Study of Parental Perceptions and AdviceAndrea Farkas Patenaude
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
J Genet Couns 22:303-14. 2013..Recommendations are made for more active involvement by genetic counselors with tested parents around the topic of delivery of genetic information to children...
- Information needs of mothers regarding communicating BRCA1/2 cancer genetic test results to their childrenKenneth P Tercyak
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007 2401, USA
Genet Test 11:249-55. 2007..In conjunction with enhanced genetic counseling focusing on family disclosure, educational literature, and psychosocial support may promote improved outcomes...
- Role of parenting relationship quality in communicating about maternal BRCA1/2 genetic test results with childrenTiffani A Demarco
Cancer Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3300 Whitehaven Street, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Genet Couns 17:283-7. 2008..Finally, this report addresses potential ways in which the genetic counselor may be able to facilitate parental communication regarding the evolving process of disclosure of genetic information to children and adolescents...