Susan R Sama
Affiliation: Harvard University
- A longitudinal study of adult-onset asthma incidence among HMO membersSusan R Sama
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 2:10. 2003..The incidence of asthma in HMO populations and the utility of HMO data, including use of computerized algorithms and manual review of medical charts for determining etiologic factors has not been fully explored...
- Case-by-case assessment of adult-onset asthma attributable to occupational exposures among members of a health maintenance organizationSusan R Sama
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 21286, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:400-7. 2006..In a general population of employed persons with health insurance, what proportion of adult-onset asthma is caused by occupational exposures?..
- Clinical study of multiple breath biomarkers of asthma and COPD (NO, CO(2), CO and N(2)O) by infrared laser spectroscopyJoanne H Shorter
Center for Atmospheric and Environmental Chemistry, Aerodyne Research, Inc, Billerica, MA, USA
J Breath Res 5:037108. 2011..The alveolar concentrations from the model were higher in adults with asthma and COPD, but this trend was less clear among the pediatric subjects...
- Measurement characteristics of peak expiratory flowChristina A Holcroft
Environment Department, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, 01854, USA
Chest 124:501-10. 2003..To evaluate features of the peak expiratory flow (PEF) test protocol, and to characterize patterns of reproducibility in multiple PEF measurements...
- Quality of life of adults with workplace exacerbation of asthmaElizabeth P Lowery
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morgantown, WV, USA
Qual Life Res 16:1605-13. 2007..A cross-sectional study collecting demographic, work history, disease, and quality-of-life (QOL) data from adults with asthma was explored for a relationship between workplace exacerbation of asthma (WEA) and QOL...
- The validation of work-related self-reported asthma exacerbationAimee R Bolen
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26501, USA
Occup Environ Med 64:343-8. 2007..To determine the validity of work-related self-reported exacerbation of asthma using the findings from serial peak expiratory flow (PEF) measurements as the standard...