Affiliation: Harvard University
- Relation between depressive symptoms and treadmill exercise capacity in the Heart and Soul StudyBernice Ruo
Section of General Internal Medicine, VA Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:96-9. 2004..8, 95% confidence interval 1.1 to 2.7, p = 0.01). Depressive symptoms should be considered in the differential diagnosis of poor exercise capacity...
- Depressive symptoms and health-related quality of life: the Heart and Soul StudyBernice Ruo
Section of General Internal Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco 94121, USA
JAMA 290:215-21. 2003..Little is known regarding the extent to which patient-reported health status, including symptom burden, physical limitation, and quality of life, is determined by psychosocial vs physiological factors among patients with chronic disease...
- Racial variation in the prevalence of atrial fibrillation among patients with heart failure: the Epidemiology, Practice, Outcomes, and Costs of Heart Failure (EPOCH) studyBernice Ruo
General Internal Medicine Section, San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:429-35. 2004..This study was designed to determine the association between race and atrial fibrillation (AF) among patients with heart failure (HF)...
- Relationship between literacy, knowledge, self-care behaviors, and heart failure-related quality of life among patients with heart failureAurelia Macabasco-O'Connell
UCLA School of Nursing, University of California, Olive View UCLA Medical Center Los Angeles, 700 Tiverton Ave, 4 242 Factor Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:979-86. 2011..We sought to examine the relationship between literacy and heart failure-related quality of life (HFQOL), and to explore whether literacy-related differences in knowledge, self-efficacy and/or self-care behavior explained the relationship...
- Self-rated health among women with coronary disease: depression is as important as recent cardiovascular eventsBernice Ruo
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 2927, USA
Am Heart J 152:921.e1-7. 2006..Our main objective was to clarify the association between depression and self-rated health using longitudinal data...
- Persistent depressive symptoms and functional decline among patients with peripheral arterial diseaseBernice Ruo
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Psychosom Med 69:415-24. 2007..Because depressive symptoms are prevalent among patients with peripheral arterial disease (PAD), our goal was to study the effect of depressive symptoms over time on functional decline among patients with PAD...