Christopher F Rowley
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Improvement in allele-specific PCR assay with the use of polymorphism-specific primers for the analysis of minor variant drug resistance in HIV-1 subtype CChristopher F Rowley
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Lowry Building, Suite GB, 110 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Virol Methods 149:69-75. 2008..15-1.36% and 5.20-5.71% resistance for the same 1% and 5% samples. The results demonstrate the need to account for sequence polymorphisms when designing and implementing this highly specific assay...
- Ultrasensitive detection of minor drug-resistant variants for HIV after nevirapine exposure using allele-specific PCR: clinical significanceChristopher F Rowley
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:293-300. 2010..These data suggest a clinical role for highly sensitive assays to detect and quantify resistant viruses at low frequencies...
- Abacavir alters the transcription of inflammatory cytokines in virologically suppressed, HIV-infected womenIain J MacLeod
Harvard School of Public Health AIDS Initiative, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 15:17393. 2012..Abacavir (ABC) may be associated with a small, increased risk of myocardial infarction in HIV-infected adults, possibly related to cytokine-mediated inflammation...
- Reduced viral replication capacity of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype C caused by cytotoxic-T-lymphocyte escape mutations in HLA-B57 epitopes of capsid proteinChristian L Boutwell
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health AIDS Initiative, Harvard School of Public Health, 651 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 83:2460-8. 2009....
- Impact of hepatitis C virus on immune restoration in HIV-infected patients who start highly active antiretroviral therapy: a meta-analysisMelissa Farmer Miller
Division of Cancer Prevention, Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:713-20. 2005..Future research should examine whether an impaired immunologic response corresponds with meaningful virologic and clinical outcomes...