Robert W Ross
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Efficacy of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) in patients with advanced prostate cancer: association between Gleason score, prostate-specific antigen level, and prior ADT exposure with duration of ADT effectRobert W Ross
Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 112:1247-53. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare predictive factors for the efficacy of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) in men with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer (HSPC) either with (M+) or without (M-) metastases...
- Hormone-refractory prostate cancer: choosing the appropriate treatment optionRobert W Ross
Harvard Medical School, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:185-93; discussion 194, 199-200. 2007..Several promising novel therapies are in late-stage testing and will hopefully provide more treatment options for these patients...
- Inherited variation in the androgen pathway is associated with the efficacy of androgen-deprivation therapy in men with prostate cancerRobert W Ross
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Dana 710 C, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:842-7. 2008..Androgen-deprivation therapy (ADT) is the most common and effective systemic therapy for advanced prostate cancer. We hypothesized that germline genetic variation in the androgen axis would improve the efficacy of ADT...
- Response to docetaxel/carboplatin-based chemotherapy as first- and second-line therapy in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerMari Nakabayashi
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BJU Int 101:308-12. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of docetaxel/carboplatin (DC)-based chemotherapy as first- and second-line chemotherapy for patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC)...
- Time to prostate-specific antigen nadir independently predicts overall survival in patients who have metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer treated with androgen-deprivation therapyToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 115:981-7. 2009....
- Activity of dutasteride plus ketoconazole in castration-refractory prostate cancer after progression on ketoconazole aloneOliver Sartor
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 7:E90-2. 2009..We hypothesized that SRDA5 inhibition in combination with ketoconazole would mitigate progression after treatment with ketoconazole alone...
- Lymphotropic nanoparticle-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (LNMRI) identifies occult lymph node metastases in prostate cancer patients prior to salvage radiation therapyRobert W Ross
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Imaging 33:301-5. 2009..Six (23%) of the 26 patients, previously believed to be node negative, tested lymph node positive by LNMRI. A total of nine positive lymph nodes were identified in these six patients, none of which were enlarged based on size criteria...
- A phase 2 study of carboplatin plus docetaxel in men with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer who are refractory to docetaxelRobert W Ross
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 112:521-6. 2008..The authors conducted a phase 2 trial of docetaxel plus carboplatin chemotherapy in this disease setting...
- Phase 2 study of neoadjuvant docetaxel plus bevacizumab in patients with high-risk localized prostate cancer: a Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium trialRobert W Ross
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 118:4777-84. 2012..Treatment of high-risk localized prostate cancer remains inadequate. The authors performed a phase 2 multicenter trial of neoadjuvant docetaxel plus bevacizumab before radical prostatectomy...
- Double-blind, randomized trial of docetaxel plus vandetanib versus docetaxel plus placebo in platinum-pretreated metastatic urothelial cancerToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:507-12. 2012..Vandetanib in combination with docetaxel was assessed in patients with advanced urothelial cancer (UC) who progressed on prior platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Utility of a new bolus-injectable nanoparticle for clinical cancer stagingMukesh Harisinghani
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129 2060, USA
Neoplasia 9:1160-5. 2007..In this study, we report on the use of a new, bolus-injectable, carboxymethyl dextran-based magnetic nanoparticle (MNP), ferumoxytol, to improve detection in loco-regional lymph nodes by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Predictors of prostate cancer tissue acquisition by an undirected core bone marrow biopsy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer--a Cancer and Leukemia Group B studyRobert W Ross
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8109-13. 2005..We assessed factors predicting a successful tumor harvest from bone marrow biopsies (BMBx) in castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer patients...
- A whole-blood RNA transcript-based prognostic model in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: a prospective studyRobert W Ross
Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Lancet Oncol 13:1105-13. 2012..Survival for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer is highly variable. We assessed the effectiveness of a whole-blood RNA transcript-based model as a prognostic biomarker in castration-resistant prostate cancer...
- Prognostic significance of baseline reverse transcriptase-PCR for prostate-specific antigen in men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer treated with chemotherapyRobert W Ross
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5195-8. 2005....
- A pilot study of lymphotrophic nanoparticle-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging technique in early stage testicular cancer: a new method for noninvasive lymph node evaluationMukesh G Harisinghani
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Urology 66:1066-71. 2005..To evaluate whether lymphotrophic nanoparticle-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (LNMRI) can be used as a method for detecting metastatic disease within retroperitoneal nodes in patients with testicular cancer...
- Osteoporosis in men treated with androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancerRobert W Ross
University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 167:1952-6. 2002..We surveyed the growing literature on osteoporosis secondary to androgen deprivation therapy and provide suggestions regarding its identification and treatment...
- Predicting outcomes in prostate cancer: how many more nomograms do we need?Robert W Ross
J Clin Oncol 25:3563-4. 2007