Jonathan E Rosenberg
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Hormonal therapy or external-beam radiation with brachytherapy and the risk of death from prostate cancer in men with intermediate risk prostate cancerJonathan E Rosenberg
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 10:21-5. 2012..To determine whether external-beam radiotherapy (EBRT) improves disease control compared with supplemental androgen suppression therapy (AST) in men with intermediate-risk prostate cancer who are being treated with brachytherapy...
- Phase I study of ixabepilone, mitoxantrone, and prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer previously treated with docetaxel-based therapy: a study of the department of defense prostate cancer clinical trials consortiumJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California San Franscisco, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero St, Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2772-8. 2009..Mitoxantrone plus prednisone and ixabepilone each have modest activity as second-line chemotherapy in docetaxel-refractory castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) patients. Clinical noncrossresistance was previously observed...
- Bladder cancer: modeling and translationJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 23:655-9. 2009..Moreover, the anatomy of this urinary malignancy provides a unique opportunity for innovative translational studies...
- A phase I trial of docetaxel/estramustine/imatinib in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancerAmy M Lin
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 5:323-8. 2007..Imatinib inhibits the platelet-derived growth factor receptor that is expressed in prostate cancer and is synergistic with taxanes in preclinical prostate cancer models...
- Activity of second-line chemotherapy in docetaxel-refractory hormone-refractory prostate cancer patients : randomized phase 2 study of ixabepilone or mitoxantrone and prednisoneJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer 110:556-63. 2007..This randomized, noncomparative, multicenter, clinical trial evaluated ixabepilone or mitoxantrone/prednisone (MP) as second-line chemotherapy for taxane-refractory, hormone-refractory, prostate cancer (HRPC)...
- A phase 1 study of everolimus and sorafenib for metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomaAndrea L Harzstark
Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1711, USA
Cancer 117:4194-200. 2011....
- Activity of ketoconazole after taxane-based chemotherapy in castration-resistant prostate cancerMari Nakabayashi
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BJU Int 105:1392-6. 2010....
- Double-blind, randomized trial of docetaxel plus vandetanib versus docetaxel plus placebo in platinum-pretreated metastatic urothelial cancerToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:507-12. 2012..Vandetanib in combination with docetaxel was assessed in patients with advanced urothelial cancer (UC) who progressed on prior platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Predictors of response to sequential sunitinib and the impact of prior VEGF-targeted drug washout in patients with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinomaAymen A Elfiky
Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Urol Oncol 29:756-63. 2011..To identify factors that can be used to identify metastatic clear cell RCC patients more likely to benefit from sequential sunitinib...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX and pathological features as predictors of outcome in patients with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma receiving vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapyToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 106:772-8. 2010....
- A retrospective evaluation of second-line chemotherapy response in hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma: second line taxane-based therapy after first-line epothilone-B analog ixabepilone (BMS-247550) therapyJonathan E Rosenberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 106:58-62. 2006..Clinical cross-resistance of ixabepilone and taxanes in HRPC is unknown...
- Phase II and biomarker study of the dual MET/VEGFR2 inhibitor foretinib in patients with papillary renal cell carcinomaToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:181-6. 2013..Activating mutations or amplifications in MET have been described in patients with papillary renal cell carcinoma (PRCC). We aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of foretinib in patients with PRCC...
- Risk of arterial thromboembolic events with sunitinib and sorafenib: a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trialsToni K Choueiri
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney St Dana 1230, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2280-5. 2010..We did a systematic review and meta-analysis to determine the incidence and the relative risk (RR) associated with the use of sunitinib and sorafenib...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and risk of recurrence of renal-cell carcinoma: a cohort studyFabio A B Schutz
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet Oncol 14:81-7. 2013..Germline genetic polymorphisms might affect the risk of recurrence in patients with localised renal-cell carcinoma. We investigated the association between genetic polymorphisms and recurrence of renal-cell carcinoma...
- Optimisation of the size variation threshold for imaging evaluation of response in patients with platinum-refractory advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium treated with vinflunineKatherine M Krajewski
Department of Imaging, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, MA, USA
Eur J Cancer 48:1495-502. 2012..However, very few patients achieve response by response evaluation criteria in solid tumours (RECIST). Therefore, another 'response' threshold may be more useful than RECIST 1.0 in this setting...
- Congestive heart failure risk in patients with breast cancer treated with bevacizumabToni K Choueiri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St Dana 1230, Boston MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:632-8. 2011..We performed an up-to-date, comprehensive meta-analysis to determine the risk of serious CHF in patients with breast cancer receiving bevacizumab...
- Phase I clinical trial of the CYP17 inhibitor abiraterone acetate demonstrating clinical activity in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer who received prior ketoconazole therapyCharles J Ryan
Urologic Oncology Program, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1481-8. 2010..This phase I dose-escalation study of abiraterone acetate evaluated safety, pharmacokinetics, and effects on steroidogenesis and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels in men with CPRC with or without prior ketoconazole therapy...
- Venous thromboembolic events with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsGuru Sonpavde
Department of Medicine, Section of Medical Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, AL, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 87:80-9. 2013..85 (95% CI: 0.58-1.25, p=0.41), respectively. No difference in risk was found based on tumor type, age and trial design. The majority of trials exhibited high quality per Jadad scoring and no heterogeneity or publication bias was found...
- A phase II trial of imatinib mesylate in patients with biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after definitive local therapyAmy M Lin
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
BJU Int 98:763-9. 2006..East Hanover, NJ, USA), as measured by prostate-specific antigen (PSA) kinetics in men with biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after definitive local therapy...
- Evaluation and significance of circulating epithelial cells in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancerJorge A Garcia
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BJU Int 99:519-24. 2007....
- Novel agents and new therapeutics in castration-resistant prostate cancerYichao Wu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 23:290-6. 2011..This review highlights recent therapeutic advances in systemic therapies for prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Second-line chemotherapy for hormone-refractory prostate cancer: has the time come?Jonathan E Rosenberg
University of California at San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Prostate Cancer 3:122-4. 2004..Finding new agents that are active in the second-line setting and identifying relevant outcome variables and predictive pretreatment variables are crucial in improving survival and quality of life for this patient population...
- Vinflunine: drug safety evaluation of this novel synthetic vinca alkaloidFabio A B Schutz
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:645-53. 2011..Therefore, the development of new agents with improved efficacy is warranted. Recently, a new synthetic vinca alkaloid, vinflunine, was developed through the addition of two fluor molecules by superacidic chemistry...
- A phase I study of a 2-day lapatinib chemosensitization pulse preceding nanoparticle albumin-bound Paclitaxel for advanced solid malignanciesAmy J Chien
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0875, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5569-75. 2009..This study investigates the clinical relevance of this approach...
- Current status of neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancerJonathan E Rosenberg
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:1729-36. 2007..Neoadjuvant strategies are a potent tool for research and should be employed to test new agents for the treatment of transitional cell carcinoma...
- Combination of a novel gene expression signature with a clinical nomogram improves the prediction of survival in high-risk bladder cancerMarkus Riester
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1323-33. 2012..We aimed to validate and improve prognostic signatures for high-risk urothelial carcinoma of the bladder...
- Update on chemotherapy for advanced bladder cancerJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 174:14-20. 2005..Recent years have seen several advances in the treatment of locally advanced and metastatic bladder cancer. We summarize the current state of the art for advanced bladder cancer treatment...
- A phase II trial of R115777, an oral farnesyl transferase inhibitor, in patients with advanced urothelial tract transitional cell carcinomaJonathan E Rosenberg
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 103:2035-41. 2005..R115777 is a potent farnesyl transferase inhibitor and has significant antitumor effects in vitro and in vivo...
- Loss of Sh3gl2/endophilin A1 is a common event in urothelial carcinoma that promotes malignant behaviorShyama Majumdar
Urological Diseases Research Center, Boston Children s Hospital 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neoplasia 15:749-60. 2013..Together, these findings identify loss of Sh3gl2 as a frequent event in UC development that promotes disease progression. ..
- Targeting angiogenesis in bladder cancerAymen A Elfiky
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, D1230, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 11:244-9. 2009..Antiangiogenic agents such as sunitinib, sorafenib, and bevacizumab are being tested in advanced bladder cancer. This review highlights the key developments in antiangiogenic therapy as it relates to bladder cancer treatment...