Daniel S Rooks
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Effect of preoperative exercise on measures of functional status in men and women undergoing total hip and knee arthroplastyDaniel S Rooks
New England Baptist Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:700-8. 2006..To evaluate the effect of a short preoperative exercise intervention on the functional status, pain, and muscle strength of patients before and after total joint arthroplasty...
- Fibromyalgia treatment updateDaniel S Rooks
Division of Rheumatology and the Center for the Study of Nutrition Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:111-7. 2007..The purpose of this review is to highlight the recent literature from April 2005 through September 2006 involving treatment options...
- Talking to patients with fibromyalgia about physical activity and exerciseDaniel S Rooks
Division of Rheumatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 20:208-12. 2008..The purpose of this article is to describe the application of basic exercise principles to individuals with fibromyalgia to encourage clinicians to discuss with their patients ways of becoming more physically active...
- The effects of progressive strength training and aerobic exercise on muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness in women with fibromyalgia: a pilot studyDaniel S Rooks
New England Baptist Bone and Joint Institute, New England Baptist Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 47:22-8. 2002..To determine the safety, feasibility and consequences of a program of progressive strength training and cardiovascular exercise in women with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)...
- Group exercise, education, and combination self-management in women with fibromyalgia: a randomized trialDaniel S Rooks
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc, Translational Medicine, 400 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2192-200. 2007..Data that assess popular self-management recommendations are scarce. We evaluated and compared the effectiveness of 4 common self-management treatments on function, symptoms, and self-efficacy in women with fibromyalgia...