Affiliation: Harvard University
- CCL2 (monocyte chemoattractant protein-1) and cancerIlaria Conti
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 14:149-54. 2004..These have been documented in animal models and clinical epidemiological studies. If CCL2's protumorigenic activities can be validated, then CCL2 and its receptor CCR2 may be therapeutic targets in cancer...
- Chemokine-based pathogenetic mechanisms in cancerIlaria Conti
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Novartis Found Symp 256:29-41; discussion 41-52, 266-9. 2004..Together, these observations suggest that therapies directed against chemokine ligands or receptors may be beneficial in cancer...
- Inflammatory chemokines in cancer growth and progressionBarrett J Rollins
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Cancer 42:760-7. 2006..By either mechanism, tumour cells that secrete and/or respond to chemokines would have a selective advantage. This provides another example of cancer's ability to co-opt host systems in order to promote tumour progression...
- Aspergillus antigen induces robust Th2 cytokine production, inflammation, airway hyperreactivity and fibrosis in the absence of MCP-1 or CCR2Laura L Koth
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Respir Res 5:12. 2004..Furthermore, MCP-1-deficient mice have not previously been studied in models of experimental allergic asthma...
- MicroRNAs 15a and 16 regulate tumor proliferation in multiple myelomaAldo M Roccaro
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 113:6669-80. 2009..These data indicate that microRNAs play a pivotal role in the biology of MM and represent important targets for novel therapies in MM...
- RhoA and Rac1 GTPases play major and differential roles in stromal cell-derived factor-1-induced cell adhesion and chemotaxis in multiple myelomaAbdel Kareem Azab
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 114:619-29. 2009..In conclusion, we characterized the role of RhoA and Rac1 GTPases in SDF1-induced adhesion, chemotaxis, and homing of MM cells to the BM, providing the framework for targeting RhoA and Rac1 GTPases as novel MM therapy...
- CXCR4 inhibitor AMD3100 disrupts the interaction of multiple myeloma cells with the bone marrow microenvironment and enhances their sensitivity to therapyAbdel Kareem Azab
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 113:4341-51. 2009..These experiments provide a proof of concept for the use of agents that disrupt interaction with the microenvironment for enhancement of efficacy of cytotoxic agents in cancer therapy...
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis: malignancy or inflammatory disorder doing a great job of imitating one?Barbara A Degar
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dis Model Mech 2:436-9. 2009..Still, some of the phenotypic abnormalities in adhesion molecule or chemokine receptor expression might be modeled with sufficient precision to allow the testing of novel therapies...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (CCL2) in inflammatory disease and adaptive immunity: therapeutic opportunities and controversiesChristine Daly
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Microcirculation 10:247-57. 2003..This presents both a challenge and an opportunity for targeting the MCP-1/CCL2/CCR2 axis in disease...
- DNA methyltransferase 3b contributes to oncogenic transformation induced by SV40T antigen and activated RasKenzo Soejima
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 22:4723-33. 2003..Regardless of mechanism, our data indicate that DNMT3b plays an important role in transformation...
- Selective suppression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression by human papillomavirus E6 and E7 oncoproteins in human cervical epithelial and epidermal cellsKerstin Kleine-Lowinski
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 107:407-15. 2003..These observations are consistent with a model in which MCP-1 expression by infected keratinocytes, which would stimulate an immune attack on HPV-transformed cells, is suppressed for invasive cervical cancer to appear...
- Blocking the monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CCR2 chemokine pathway induces permanent survival of islet allografts through a programmed death-1 ligand-1-dependent mechanismIris Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joseph Stokes, Jr, Research Institute and Biesecker Pediatric Liver Center, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 171:6929-35. 2003....
- MCP-1 deficiency is associated with reduced intimal hyperplasia after arterial injuryWilliam J H Kim
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:936-42. 2003..These data suggest that MCP-1 and CCR2 deficiencies have distinct effects on arterial injury. The effects of MCP-1 on intimal hyperplasia may be mediated largely through SMC migration...
- CXC chemokine ligand 12 (stromal cell-derived factor 1 alpha) and CXCR4-dependent migration of CTLs toward melanoma cells in organotypic cultureTianqian Zhang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 174:5856-63. 2005....
- The effect of MCP-1 depletion on chemokine and chemokine-related gene expression: evidence for a complex network in acute inflammationAhalia M Ferreira
Burn and Shock Trauma Institute, Department of Surgery, Loyola Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Cytokine 30:64-71. 2005..The data suggest that loss of a single chemokine perturbs the chemokine network not only in the setting of acute inflammation but even in an isolated inflammatory cell, the macrophage...
- CCL2/Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1 regulates inflammatory responses critical to healing myocardial infarctsOliver Dewald
Section of Cardiovascular Sciences, DeBakey Heart Center, Baylor College of Medicine, and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circ Res 96:881-9. 2005..Absence of MCP-1 results in attenuated post-infarction left ventricular remodeling, at the expense of a prolonged inflammatory phase and delayed replacement of injured cardiomyocytes with granulation tissue...
- An animal model of age-related macular degeneration in senescent Ccl-2- or Ccr-2-deficient miceJayakrishna Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kentucky, 740 South Limestone Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0284, USA
Nat Med 9:1390-7. 2003..These models implicate macrophage dysfunction in AMD pathogenesis and may be useful as a platform for validating therapies...
- Pertussis toxin-induced reversible encephalopathy dependent on monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 overexpression in miceDeRen Huang
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosci 22:10633-42. 2002..These studies characterize a novel model of reversible inflammatory encephalopathy that is dependent on both genetic and environmental factors...
- CYCLIN C ASSOCIATED PROTEINS IN LUNG CANCERBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2001..To test these hypotheses, it is proposed to: (a) identify cyclin C associated proteins; (b) examine cyclin C's association with p130; and (c) test activities of cyclin C associated proteins. ..
- Human Subjects Research Protections Outreach ProjectBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2003..We expect that this approach will provide a model whereby other Comprehensive Cancer Centers can extend their systems and expertise to smaller affiliated institutions. ..
- 2004 Gordon Research Conference on Chemotactic CytokinesBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference is also intended to expose students, postdoctoral fellows, and other trainees to leading scientists. Support is requested to help cover the travel and registration costs at the European venue. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF A PDGF INDUCIBLE CYTOKINEBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2005..Other receptors will be tested for their ability to effect Th2 polarization by MCP- 1, and another CCR2 ligand, MCP-3, will be knocked into the MCP-1 locus to test whether MCP-1 is specifically required. ..
- Molecular Pathobiology of Langerhans Cell HistiocytosisBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Attempts will be made to immortalize LCs and PLCs by genetic manipulation so that the genes discovered in Specific Aims 1, 2, and 3 can be tested for their relevance to disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fortieth Annual Meeting of the Society for Leukocyte BiologyBarrett Rollins; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..