Affiliation: Harvard University
- DNA extraction of ancient animal hard tissue samples via adsorption to silica particlesNadin Rohland
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Methods Mol Biol 840:21-8. 2012..Comparative analysis of extraction methods has shown that this method works reliably for ancient as well as younger, museum-preserved specimens...
- Partial uracil-DNA-glycosylase treatment for screening of ancient DNANadin Rohland
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 370:20130624. 2015..The adapters are completed just before sequencing, so the same DNA library can be used in multiple experiments, and the sequences distinguished. We demonstrate this protocol on 60 ancient human samples. ..
- Cost-effective, high-throughput DNA sequencing libraries for multiplexed target captureNadin Rohland
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genome Res 22:939-46. 2012..We illustrate the power and effectiveness of this approach on about 2000 samples from a prostate cancer study...
- Genomic DNA sequences from mastodon and woolly mammoth reveal deep speciation of forest and savanna elephantsNadin Rohland
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Biol 8:e1000564. 2010....
- Ancient admixture in human historyNick Patterson
Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genetics 192:1065-93. 2012....
- Ancient human genomes suggest three ancestral populations for present-day EuropeansIosif Lazaridis
1 Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA 2 Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 513:409-13. 2014..We model these populations' deep relationships and show that early European farmers had ∼44% ancestry from a 'basal Eurasian' population that split before the diversification of other non-African lineages. ..