J T Rogers
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Translation of the alzheimer amyloid precursor protein mRNA is up-regulated by interleukin-1 through 5'-untranslated region sequencesJ T Rogers
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:6421-31. 1999..Enhanced translation of APP mRNA provides a mechanism by which IL-1 influences the pathogenesis of AD...
- Ferritin translation by interleukin-1and interleukin-6: the role of sequences upstream of the start codons of the heavy and light subunit genesJ T Rogers
Division of Hematology Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Blood 87:2525-37. 1996..Transfected hybrid H-mRNA SUS/CAT mRNAs with a three nucleotide deleted version of the H-mRNA SUS displays an eightfold reduced level of translation and no longer confer IL-1beta-dependent translation...
- Iron-dependent regulation of the divalent metal ion transporterH Gunshin
Membrane Biology Program and Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FEBS Lett 509:309-16. 2001..We propose that regulation of DCT1/DMT1 mRNA by iron involves post-transcriptional regulation through the binding of IRP1 to the transporter's IRE, as well as other as yet unknown factors...
- Translational enhancement of H-ferritin mRNA by interleukin-1 beta acts through 5' leader sequences distinct from the iron responsive elementJ T Rogers
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Nucleic Acids Res 22:2678-86. 1994..Deletion of three nucleotides from this region of the 61 nt G + C rich element in the H-ferritin mRNA 5' leader eliminates Il-1 beta translational enhancement of the CAT reporter transcripts...
- Role of the APP non-amyloidogenic signaling pathway and targeting alpha-secretase as an alternative drug target for treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseS Bandyopadhyay
Laboratory for Neurochemistry, Department of Psychiatry Neuroscience, and Genetics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Med Chem 14:2848-64. 2007....
- Role of cytokines in the gene expression of amyloid beta-protein precursor: identification of a 5'-UTR-binding nuclear factor and its implications in Alzheimer's diseaseD K Lahiri
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatric Research, 791 Union Drive, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 5:81-90. 2003..The characterization of AbetaPP regulatory elements, including the 5'-UTR, will accelerate the development of novel agents against new targets for AD...
- The 5'-untranslated region of Parkinson's disease alpha-synuclein messengerRNA contains a predicted iron responsive elementA L Friedlich
Mol Psychiatry 12:222-3. 2007