Affiliation: Harvard University
- Meiotic spindle: sculpted by severingKatharina Ribbeck
Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Biol 16:R923-5. 2006..A recent study using electron tomography has found that katanin stimulates the production of microtubules in the meiotic spindles of Caenorhabditis elegans oocytes...
- A role for NuSAP in linking microtubules to mitotic chromosomesKatharina Ribbeck
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Biol 17:230-6. 2007..We propose that the presence of MT binding agents such as NuSAP, which can be directly immobilized on chromatin, are critical for targeting MT production to vertebrate chromosomes during spindle self-organization...
- NuSAP, a mitotic RanGTP target that stabilizes and cross-links microtubulesKatharina Ribbeck
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 17:2646-60. 2006..Once activated, NuSAP may aid to maintain spindle integrity by stabilizing and cross-linking microtubules around chromatin...
- Self-organization of anastral spindles by synergy of dynamic instability, autocatalytic microtubule production, and a spatial signaling gradientThomas Clausen
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e244. 2007..The mechanism proposed here can generate and maintain a dissipative MT super-structure within a RanGTP gradient...
- The permeability barrier of nuclear pore complexes appears to operate via hydrophobic exclusionKatharina Ribbeck
ZMBH, INF 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 21:2664-71. 2002....
- NuSAP, a novel microtubule-associated protein involved in mitotic spindle organizationTim Raemaekers
Laboratory for Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Cell Biol 162:1017-29. 2003..In addition, many NuSAP-depleted interphase cells had deformed nuclei. Both overexpression and knockdown of NuSAP impaired cell proliferation. These results suggest a crucial role for NuSAP in spindle microtubule organization...
- Crm1 is a mitotic effector of Ran-GTP in somatic cellsAlexei Arnaoutov
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, NICHD, NIH, Building 18, Room 106, Bethesda, MD 20892 5431, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:626-32. 2005..Thus, Crm1 is a critical Ran-GTP effector for mitotic spindle assembly and function in somatic cells...
- Characterization of Ran-driven cargo transport and the RanGTPase system by kinetic measurements and computer simulationDirk Gorlich
ZMBH, INF 282, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 22:1088-100. 2003..This indicates that RanGTP gradients can provide positional information for mitotic spindle and NE assembly in early embryonic cells, but hardly any in small somatic cells...