Affiliation: Harvard University
- Texas lifestyle limits transmission of dengue virusPaul Reiter
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:86-9. 2003..We conclude that the low prevalence of dengue in the United States is primarily due to economic, rather than climatic, factors...
- Vector competence of some French Culex and Aedes mosquitoes for West Nile virusThomas Balenghien
Equipe Environnement et Prédiction de la Santé des Populations, Laboratoire TIMC IMAG, Ecole nationale vétérinaire de Lyon ENVL, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:589-95. 2008..Aedes caspius was an inefficient vector of WNV in the laboratory, and despite its high densities, its role in WNV transmission may be minor in southern France...
- The reappearance of dengue-3 and a subsequent dengue-4 and dengue-1 epidemic in Puerto Rico in 1998José G Rigau-Pérez
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00920 3860, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 67:355-62. 2002..The reappearance of DEN-3 and its subsequent circulation from 1999 to 2001 produced no changes in dengue incidence that could have been detected in the absence of virologic surveillance...
- Risk factors for infection during a dengue-1 outbreak in Maui, Hawaii, 2001John Mosely Hayes
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1324 Calle Cañada, San Juan, PR 00920 3860
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:559-66. 2006..Our data suggest that ecological characteristics may help Hawaii health officials identify communities at increased risk of dengue infection...
- Antibody response against saliva antigens of Anopheles gambiae and Aedes aegypti in travellers in tropical AfricaEve Orlandi-Pradines
Unité de recherche en biologie et en épidémiologie parasitaires, Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Parc le Pharo, BP 46, 13998 Marseille Armees, France
Microbes Infect 9:1454-62. 2007..These results suggest that antibody responses to the saliva of mosquitoes could be considered as specific surrogate markers of exposure of travellers to mosquito vectors that transmit arthropod borne infections...
- Dengue fever, Hawaii, 2001-2002Paul V Effler
Disease Outbreak Control Division, Hawaii State Department of Health, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:742-9. 2005..aegypti were found. This outbreak underscores the importance of maintaining surveillance and control of potential disease vectors even in the absence of an imminent disease threat...
- Aedes albopictus as an epidemic vector of chikungunya virus: another emerging problem?Paul Reiter
Lancet Infect Dis 6:463-4. 2006
- Oviposition, dispersal, and survival in Aedes aegypti: implications for the efficacy of control strategiesPaul Reiter
Department of Insects and Infectious Diseases, Institute Pasteur, Paris, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 7:261-73. 2007..Innovative approaches that exploit or negate this behavior may be required before effective Ae. aegypti control can become a reality...