Affiliation: Harvard University
- In vivo confocal scanning laser microscopy of human skin II: advances in instrumentation and comparison with histologyM Rajadhyaksha
Lucid Inc, Henrietta, New York, USA
J Invest Dermatol 113:293-303. 1999..We report advances in confocal microscope instrumentation and methods, an optimum range of parameters, improved images of normal human skin, and comparison of confocal images with histology...
- Confocal examination of nonmelanoma cancers in thick skin excisions to potentially guide mohs micrographic surgery without frozen histopathologyM Rajadhyaksha
Lucid Inc, Rochester, New York, New York, USA
J Invest Dermatol 117:1137-43. 2001..Fast confocal reflectance microscopic examination of excisions (of any thickness) may improve the management of surgical pathology and guide microsurgery of any human tissue...
- Confocal mosaicing microscopy in skin excisions: a demonstration of rapid surgical pathologyD S Gareau
Dermatology Service, Room 230, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 160 East 53rd Street, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Microsc 233:149-59. 2009..Confocal mosaicing presently requires 9 min, instead of 20-45 min per excision for preparing frozen histology, and thus may provide a means for rapid pathology-at-the-bedside to expedite and guide surgery...
- In vivo reflectance confocal microscopy of shave biopsy wounds: feasibility of intraoperative mapping of cancer marginsA Scope
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Br J Dermatol 163:1218-28. 2010..Topical application of aluminium chloride (AlCl(3)) enhances contrast in RCM images by brightening nuclei...
- In vivo confocal microscopy in dermatologyB Selkin
Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Dermatol Clin 19:369-77, ix-x. 2001..This technique recently has been used to image benign and malignant pigmented skin lesions, nonmelanoma skin cancer, inflammatory skin conditions, and dynamic skin processes...
- Detection of basal cell carcinomas in Mohs excisions with fluorescence confocal mosaicing microscopyJ K Karen
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10022, USA
Br J Dermatol 160:1242-50. 2009..Contrast agents such as acridine orange in fluorescence and acetic acid in reflectance have been used in ex vivo imaging to enhance nuclear contrast...
- Multimodal in vivo optical imaging, including confocal microscopy, facilitates presurgical margin mapping for clinically complex lentigo maligna melanomaC S J Chen
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cance Center, New York, NY, USA
Br J Dermatol 153:1031-6. 2005..In conclusion, this case illustrates that confocal reflectance microscopy, in conjunction with other in vivo optical instruments, can be utilized to enhance the accuracy for the presurgical margin mapping of LMM...