Genomes and Genes
Xiao Bo Qiu
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Nrdp1/FLRF is a ubiquitin ligase promoting ubiquitination and degradation of the epidermal growth factor receptor family member, ErbB3Xiao Bo Qiu
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14843-8. 2002..These data indicate that Nrdp1 is a RING finger-type of ubiquitin ligase, which promotes degradation of ErbB3 by proteasomes and, thus, may be an important factor influencing cell growth...
- Nrdp1-mediated degradation of the gigantic IAP, BRUCE, is a novel pathway for triggering apoptosisXiao Bo Qiu
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 23:800-10. 2004..Thus, BRUCE normally inhibits apoptosis, and Nrdp1 can be important in the initiation of apoptosis by catalyzing ubiquitination and degradation of BRUCE...
- The membrane-associated inhibitor of apoptosis protein, BRUCE/Apollon, antagonizes both the precursor and mature forms of Smac and caspase-9Xiao Bo Qiu
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:174-82. 2005..These results suggest that the ability of BRUCE to antagonize both the precursor and mature forms of Smac and caspase-9 is an important mechanism for the prevention of apoptosis under normal conditions...
- Interaction between c-Abl and Arg tyrosine kinases and proteasome subunit PSMA7 regulates proteasome degradationXuan Liu
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100850, China
Mol Cell 22:317-27. 2006....
- hRpn13/ADRM1/GP110 is a novel proteasome subunit that binds the deubiquitinating enzyme, UCH37Xiao Bo Qiu
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tsinghua University, 5 Dongdan Santiao, Beijing, China
EMBO J 25:5742-53. 2006..Thus in human 26S proteasomes, hRpn13 appears to be important for the binding of UCH37 to the 19S complex and for efficient proteolysis...
- New insights into the role of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in the regulation of apoptosisCui Hua Liu
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Chang Gung Med J 30:469-79. 2007....