Scott H Podolsky
Affiliation: Harvard University
- A historical perspective of pharmaceutical promotion and physician educationScott H Podolsky
Center for the History of Medicine, Countway Medical Library, Harvard Medical School, 10 Shattuck St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 300:831-3. 2008
- Antibiotics and the social history of the controlled clinical trial, 1950-1970Scott H Podolsky
Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Hist Med Allied Sci 65:327-67. 2010....
- Academic-industrial relations before the blockbuster drugs: lessons from the Harvard Committee on Pharmacotherapy, 1939-1943Scott H Podolsky
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Acad Med 86:496-501. 2011..Nevertheless, these early forays into collaborative bench-to-bedside translational research and the rationalization of academic-industrial relations remain instructive today...
- The changing fate of pneumonia as a public health concern in 20th-century America and beyondScott H Podolsky
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Public Health 95:2144-54. 2005..An understanding of the history of pneumonia's changing status could shed light on current attempts to reformulate the disease and elucidate the contested domains of private practice and public health...
- Quintessential Beecher: Surgery as placebo: a quantitative study of bias. J Am Med Assoc. 1961;176:1102-1107Scott H Podolsky
Center for the History of Medicine, Countway Medical Library, Department of Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int Anesthesiol Clin 45:47-63. 2007