Hidde L Ploegh
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Chahal J, Fang T, Woodham A, Khan O, Ling J, Anderson D, et al. An RNA nanoparticle vaccine against Zika virus elicits antibody and CD8+ T cell responses in a mouse model. Sci Rep. 2017;7:252 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that this approach can be used to evaluate new candidate antigens and identify immune correlates without the use of live virus. ..
- Hanke L, Schmidt F, Knockenhauer K, Morin B, Whelan S, Schwartz T, et al. Vesicular stomatitis virus N protein-specific single-domain antibody fragments inhibit replication. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:1027-1037 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these binding sites uncover different features on the N protein surface that may be suitable for antiviral intervention. ..
- Truttmann M, Ploegh H. rAMPing Up Stress Signaling: Protein AMPylation in Metazoans. Trends Cell Biol. 2017;27:608-620 pubmed publisher..We review endogenous as well as parasitic protein AMPylation in metazoans and summarize current views of how fic-domain-containing AMPylases contribute to cellular proteostasis. ..
- Rashidian M, Ingram J, Dougan M, Dongre A, Whang K, LeGall C, et al. Predicting the response to CTLA-4 blockade by longitudinal noninvasive monitoring of CD8 T cells. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2243-2255 pubmed publisher..It may thus be possible to use immuno-PET and monitor antitumor immune responses as a prognostic tool to predict patient responses to checkpoint therapies. ..
- Ingram J, Dougan M, Rashidian M, Knoll M, Keliher E, Garrett S, et al. PD-L1 is an activation-independent marker of brown adipocytes. Nat Commun. 2017;8:647 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that PD-L1 is expressed on brown adipocytes, does not change upon BAT activation, and that BAT volume in mice can be measured by PET-CT with a radiolabeled anti-PD-L1 antibody. ..