E A Platz
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Physical activity and benign prostatic hyperplasiaE A Platz
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Arch Intern Med 158:2349-56. 1998..Therefore, we assessed whether physical activity leads to fewer lower urinary tract symptoms in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study...
- Racial variation in insulin-like growth factor-1 and binding protein-3 concentrations in middle-aged menE A Platz
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 8:1107-10. 1999..Although differences in circulating IGF-1 do not seem to account for the greater prostate cancer risk among African-American men, their absolute lower levels of IGFBP-3 may be contributory...
- Racial variation in prostate cancer incidence and in hormonal system markers among male health professionalsE A Platz
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:2009-17. 2000..Whether differences in the distribution of known or suspected risk factors among racial groups explain this variation is unknown...
- A prospective study of plasma insulin-like growth factor-1 and binding protein-3 and risk of colorectal neoplasia in womenE Giovannucci
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:345-9. 2000..These analyses indicate that high levels of circulating IGF-1 and particularly low levels of IGFBP-3 are associated independently with an elevated risk of large or tubulovillous/villous colorectal adenoma and cancer...
- Association between markers of the metabolic syndrome and lower urinary tract symptoms in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III)S Rohrmann
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:310-6. 2005..To examine the association of components of the metabolic syndrome with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), which often result from prostate enlargement and heightened tone of prostate and bladder smooth muscle...
- No association between the I105V polymorphism of the glutathione S-transferase P1 gene (GSTP1) and prostate cancer risk: a prospective studyT F Shepard
The Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:1267-8. 2000
- Gonorrhoea and male bladder cancer in a prospective studyD S Michaud
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 96:169-71. 2007..92, 95% CI=1.10-3.33). Our finding warrants further examination of the role of gonorrhoea in bladder carcinogenesis...