Genomes and Genes
T L Petryshen
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Analysis of schizophrenia-related genes and electrophysiological measures reveals ZNF804A association with amplitude of P300b elicited by novel soundsE C del Re
1 VA Boston Healthcare System, Brockton, MA, USA 2 Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Transl Psychiatry 4:e346. 2014..Our results suggest pleiotropic effects of ZNF804A on risk for SZ and neural mechanisms that are indexed by the novel P300b ERP component. ..
- Ankyrin 3: genetic association with bipolar disorder and relevance to disease pathophysiologyMelanie P Leussis
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Biol Mood Anxiety Disord 2:18. 2012..This knowledge is expected to lead to a better understanding of the brain abnormalities contributing to BD symptoms, and to potentially identify new targets for treatment and intervention approaches...
- Population genetic study of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) geneT L Petryshen
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:810-5. 2010..These phenomena can have a profound impact on the detection of disease susceptibility genes and must be considered in gene association studies of BDNF...
- Genetic investigation of chromosome 5q GABAA receptor subunit genes in schizophreniaT L Petryshen
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:1074-88, 1057. 2005..Taken together, these results support the involvement of the chromosome 5q GABAA receptor gene cluster in schizophrenia, and suggest that schizophrenia-associated haplotypes may alter expression of GABA-related genes...
- Genomic survey of prepulse inhibition in mouse chromosome substitution strainsM P Leussis
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Genes Brain Behav 8:806-16. 2009..Identification of genes that modulate PPI will provide insight into the neural mechanisms underlying sensorimotor gating, as well as the psychopathology of disorders characterized by gating deficits...
- Genome-wide scan in Portuguese Island families identifies 5q31-5q35 as a susceptibility locus for schizophrenia and psychosisP Sklar
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, and Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Psychiatry 9:213-8. 2004..03, P=0.0012 at D5S820), suggesting that this locus may be responsible for the psychotic symptoms observed in both diseases. Molecular Psychiatry (2004) 9, 213-218. doi:10.1038/sj.mp.4001418 Published online 30 December 2003..
- Support for involvement of neuregulin 1 in schizophrenia pathophysiologyT L Petryshen
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:366-74, 328. 2005..In summary, our results suggest that haplotypes across NRG1 and multiple NRG1 variants are involved in schizophrenia...