Genomes and Genes
Teodor G Paunescu
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Expression of the 56-kDa B2 subunit isoform of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase in proton-secreting cells of the kidney and epididymisTeodor G Paunescu
Program in Membrane Biology Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C149-62. 2004..These findings indicate that in addition to its role in the acidification of intracellular organelles, the B2 isoform could also contribute to transepithelial proton secretion and the maintenance of acid-base homeostasis...
- V-ATPase expression in the mouse olfactory epitheliumTeodor G Paunescu
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology and Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C923-30. 2008..These findings suggest that V-ATPase may be involved in proton secretion in the OE and, as such, may be important for the pH homeostasis of the neuroepithelial mucous layer and/or for signal transduction in CO(2) detection...
- Compensatory membrane expression of the V-ATPase B2 subunit isoform in renal medullary intercalated cells of B1-deficient miceTeodor G Paunescu
Div of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge St, CPZN 8150, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1915-26. 2007..However, our results show no increase in cell surface V-ATPase activity in response to metabolic acidosis in ICs from these animals, consistent with their inability to appropriately acidify their urine under these conditions...
- Association of soluble adenylyl cyclase with the V-ATPase in renal epithelial cellsTeodor G Paunescu
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology and Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F130-8. 2008..This suggests that these enzymes have a close association and could be part of a protein complex that is involved in regulating renal distal proton secretion...
- cAMP stimulates apical V-ATPase accumulation, microvillar elongation, and proton extrusion in kidney collecting duct A-intercalated cellsTeodor G Paunescu
MGH Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology, and Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F643-54. 2010....
- Relocalization of the V-ATPase B2 subunit to the apical membrane of epididymal clear cells of mice deficient in the B1 subunitNicolas Da Silva
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Program in Membrane Biology, Nephrology Div, 185 Cambridge St, CPZN 8150, Boston, MA 02114 2790, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C199-210. 2007..This relocation compensates for the absence of functional B1 and maintains the luminal pH in an acidic range that is compatible with fertility...
- Regulation of the V-ATPase in kidney epithelial cells: dual role in acid-base homeostasis and vesicle traffickingDennis Brown
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Exp Biol 212:1762-72. 2009..Recent information about these pH-sensing mechanisms, which include the role of the V-ATPase itself as a pH sensor and the soluble adenylyl cyclase as a bicarbonate sensor, will be addressed in this review...
- New insights into the dynamic regulation of water and acid-base balance by renal epithelial cellsDennis Brown
MGH Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology and Division of Nephrology, Simches Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1421-33. 2012..This review summarizes recent advances in our understanding of these fundamental processes...
- Nucleic acids within urinary exosomes/microvesicles are potential biomarkers for renal diseaseKevin C Miranda
Division of Nephrology, Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Kidney Int 78:191-9. 2010..Our study provides an experimental strategy for the routine isolation and use of urinary microvesicles as a novel and non-invasive source of nucleic acids to further renal disease biomarker discovery...
- Loss of the V-ATPase B1 subunit isoform expressed in non-neuronal cells of the mouse olfactory epithelium impairs olfactory functionTeodor G Paunescu
MGH Center for Systems Biology, Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45395. 2012..We conclude that V-ATPase-mediated H(+) secretion in the olfactory epithelium is required for optimal olfactory function...
- The B1-subunit of the H(+) ATPase is required for maximal urinary acidificationKarin E Finberg
Departments of Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Surgery, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13616-21. 2005....
- V-ATPase B1-subunit promoter drives expression of EGFP in intercalated cells of kidney, clear cells of epididymis and airway cells of lung in transgenic miceR Lance Miller
Dept. of Pediatrics, Univ. of Utah, 30 N. 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132-2204, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1134-44. 2005....
- Regulation of V-ATPase-mediated Renal Proton SecretionTEODOR PAUNESCU; Fiscal Year: 2007....