Affiliation: Harvard University
- Acupuncture for subacute stroke rehabilitation: a Sham-controlled, subject- and assessor-blind, randomized trialJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter, England
Arch Intern Med 165:2026-31. 2005..Any adjunctive therapy that may reduce persistent disability after stroke should be considered. Acupuncture is used for this purpose, but there is conflicting evidence on its effectiveness...
- Deqi sensation between the acupuncture-experienced and the naïve: a Korean study IIJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Am J Chin Med 33:329-37. 2005..In addition, a constellation of Deqi-related acupuncture-specific sensations is more than just a general pain intensity dimension, which requires a biochemical and physiological exploration...
- The effectiveness of acupuncture for depression--a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsYoshito Mukaino
Department of Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Acupunct Med 23:70-6. 2005..To summarise the existing evidence on acupuncture as a therapy for depression...
- Ayurvedic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic reviewJongbae Park
Institute of Health and Social Care Research, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:705-13. 2005..To systematically review all randomized controlled trials (RCTs) on the effectiveness of Ayurvedic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Validating a new non-penetrating sham acupuncture device: two randomised controlled trialsJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Acupunct Med 20:168-74. 2002..It is therefore a valid control for acupuncture trials. The findings also lend support to the existence of de qi, a major concept underlying traditional Chinese acupuncture...
- Safety and efficacy needs to be tested in an appropriate designJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter EX2 4NT, UK
Am J Chin Med 31:1001-2. 2003..The safety question should be answered through control studies within the same constitutional population...
- Report on the 10th annual symposium of Society for Acupuncture Research (SAR)--held at Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 15-16th 2003Jongbae Park
Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Acupunct Med 22:44-7. 2004
- Blinding in clinical trials, time to do it betterJongbae Park
Complement Ther Med 16:121-3. 2008
- Promising implications for integrative medicine for back pain: a profile of a Korean hospitalLaura Stevens
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School, Osher Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 13:481-4. 2007
- Suggesting an alternative to the term "double-blind"Jongbae Park
Anesthesiology 96:1034; author reply 1035. 2002
- Sham needle control needs careful approachJongbae Park
Pain 109:195-6; author reply 197-9. 2004
- Southampton needle sensation questionnaire: development and validation of a measure to gauge acupuncture needle sensationPeter White
School of Health Professions and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Altern Complement Med 14:373-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to generate and validate a new sensation questionnaire, that was able to discriminate between pain and deqi, taking into account patient experience and expert opinions...