Mary Jane Ott
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Integrating complementary and conventional symptom management in a cancer centerMary Jane Ott
Pain and Palliative Care Program at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:25-7. 2002..The Pain and Symptom Management Service has embraced this integrated view and, by doing so, has improved symptom management outcomes for patients and their families...
- Mindfulness meditation in pediatric clinical practiceMary Jane Ott
Pain and Palliative Care Program, Zakim Center for Integrated Therapies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatr Nurs 28:487-90. 2002..Meditation is listed within the mind-body domain as a complementary intervention used to facilitate the mind's ability to affect bodily functions and symptoms...
- Mindfulness meditation: a path of transformation & healingMary Jane Ott
Pain and Palliative Care Program, and Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 42:22-9. 2004..This practice allows individuals to become compassionate witnesses to their own experiences, to avoid making premature decisions, and to be open to new possibilities, transformation, and healing...
- Nurses' experiences, expectations, and preferences for mind-body practices to reduce stressKathi Kemper
Center for Integrative Medicine, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Winston Salem, NC, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:26. 2011..To better plan participant-centered mind-body intervention trials for nurses to reduce occupational stress, such descriptive information would be valuable...
- Mind-body therapies for the pediatric oncology patient: matching the right therapy with the right patientMary Jane Ott
Nursing and Patient Care Services, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 23:254-7. 2006..Mind-body therapies are being used more frequently in the care of children receiving treatment for cancer. Matching the right therapy with the right patient is an important component of care...
- Mindfulness meditation for oncology patients: a discussion and critical reviewMary Jane Ott
Nursing and Patient Care Services, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 5:98-108. 2006..Use of this behavioral intervention for oncology patients is an area of burgeoning interest to clinicians and researchers...
- "I want to do it myself!" Interferon self-injection for children with chronic viral hepatitisMary Jane Ott
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Massachusetts 02115, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 28:406-9. 2005..This article describes the implementation of a new approach incorporating self-injection by children...
- Reiki as a clinical intervention in oncology nursing practiceLarraine M Bossi
Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 12:489-94. 2008..This article will describe the process of Reiki, review current literature, present vignettes of patient responses to the intervention, and make recommendations for future study...
- Yoga as a clinical interventionMary Jane Ott
Pain and Palliative Care Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 10:81-3, 90. 2002
- Integrative Tumor Board: a case report and discussion from Dana-Farber Cancer InstituteWeidong Lu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 8:235-41. 2009..A detailed discussion regarding her care from each modality is presented. The case elucidates the need for integrative approaches for cancer patients in a conventional medical setting...
- Complementary and alternative therapies in cancer symptom managementMary Jane Ott
Pain and Palliative Care Program, Zakim Center for Integrated Therapies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Pract 10:162-6. 2002
- Future directions of CAM research in pediatric oncologyJanice Post-White
University of Minnesota School of Nursing, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 23:265-8. 2006..This article discusses the methodological challenges to conducting CAM research in children and the evidence needed to support integrative medicine in pediatric oncology...
- Facing the challenges of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with mindfulness meditation: a pilot studySusan Bauer-Wu
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 7:62-9. 2008..These findings demonstrate feasibility and preliminary support of a mindfulness meditation intervention with symptomatic, hospitalized cancer patients...