Stavroula K Osganian
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Use of emergency medical services for suspected acute cardiac ischemia among demographic and clinical patient subgroups: the REACT trial. Rapid Early Action for Coronary TreatmentStavroula K Osganian
New England Research Institutes, Watertown, Massachusetts, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 6:175-85. 2002..The Rapid Early Action for Coronary Treatment (REACT) trial was designed to determine the impact of a community intervention on use of EMS among demographic and clinical subgroups of patients with suspected acute cardiac ischemia...
- Dietary carotenoids and risk of coronary artery disease in womenStavroula K Osganian
Children s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1390-9. 2003..Given the null results in trials of beta-carotene supplementation, considerable attention has focused on the potential role of other dietary carotenoids in the prevention of CAD...
- Vitamin C and risk of coronary heart disease in womenStavroula K Osganian
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:246-52. 2003..Our objective was to prospectively examine the relation between vitamin C intake and risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) in women...
- Institutionalization of a school health promotion program: background and rationale of the CATCH-ON studyStavroula K Osganian
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Educ Behav 30:410-7. 2003....
- Maintenance of effects of the eat smart school food service program: results from the CATCH-ON studyStavroula K Osganian
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Educ Behav 30:418-33. 2003....
- Effect of the planet health intervention on eating disorder symptoms in Massachusetts middle schools, 2005-2008S Bryn Austin
Boston Children s Hospital, Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E171; quiz E171. 2012....
- The contribution of school environmental factors to individual and school variation in disordered weight control behaviors in a statewide sample of middle schoolsS Bryn Austin
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Eat Disord 21:91-108. 2013..School-neighborhood poverty was associated with higher odds of DWCB in boys. Preventive strategies need to account for wide variability across schools and environmental factors that may contribute to DWCB in early adolescence...
- A randomized trial of sugar-sweetened beverages and adolescent body weightCara B Ebbeling
New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 367:1407-16. 2012..Consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages may cause excessive weight gain. We aimed to assess the effect on weight gain of an intervention that included the provision of noncaloric beverages at home for overweight and obese adolescents...
- Gender differences in research grant applications for pediatric residentsMary Beth Gordon
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02115, USA
Pediatrics 124:e355-61. 2009..Our goal was to determine whether similar patterns exist at the resident level and, if so, to explore possible explanations...
- Hypertriglyceridemia in a pediatric referral practice: experience with 300 patientsSarah D de Ferranti
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 50:297-307. 2011..Pediatric hypertriglyceridemia is an emerging comorbidity of childhood obesity...
- Disordered weight control behaviors in early adolescent boys and girls of color: an under-recognized factor in the epidemic of childhood overweightS Bryn Austin
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:109-12. 2011..We examined the distribution and determinants of ethnic and gender disparities in DWCB in early adolescents...
- Epidemiology of paediatric metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitusSarah D de Ferranti
Preventive Cardiology Clinic, Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diab Vasc Dis Res 4:285-96. 2007..This epidemic will bear fruit in forthcoming decades, putting further stress on the healthcare system and probably leading to increased morbidity and a shorter lifespan for future generations...
- Effects of decreasing sugar-sweetened beverage consumption on body weight in adolescents: a randomized, controlled pilot studyCara B Ebbeling
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 117:673-80. 2006..We conducted a pilot study to examine the effect of decreasing SSB consumption on body weight...
- Salivary progesterone levels before menarche: a prospective study of adolescent girlsSusan H Gray
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3507-11. 2010..Our objective was to determine the frequency of ovulatory salivary progesterone levels before menarche in healthy girls...
- Vitamin supplement intake is related to dietary intake and physical activity: The Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health (CATCH)Lindsay Reaves
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minneapolis School of Public Health, 1300 S Second St, Ste 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:2018-23. 2006..To explore the relationship of multiple-vitamin supplement use with selected food groups, physical activity, lifestyle behaviors, and weight status...
- A school nurse-delivered adolescent smoking cessation intervention: a randomized controlled trialLori Pbert
Division of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Prev Med 43:312-20. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy of a school nurse-delivered smoking cessation intervention to improve abstinence rates among adolescents interested in quitting...
- Serum homocysteine is related to food intake in adolescents: the Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular HealthPamela L Lutsey
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 83:1380-6. 2006..However, little is known about the relation between food intake and homocysteine in adolescents...
- School-based health education programs can be maintained over time: results from the CATCH Institutionalization studyDeanna M Hoelscher
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, The University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prev Med 38:594-606. 2004....
- Prevalence of bruxism and associated correlates in children as reported by parentsAndrew T Cheifetz
Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
J Dent Child (Chic) 72:67-73. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of childhood bruxism and associated correlates, as reported by parents...
- Tracking of physical and physiological risk variables among ethnic subgroups from third to eighth grade: the Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health cohort studySteven H Kelder
School of Public Health, Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Prev Med 34:324-33. 2002..This paper reports the tracking of physiologic variables through eighth grade...