Affiliation: Harvard School of Public Health
- Early HIV-1 diagnosis using in-house real-time PCR amplification on dried blood spots for infants in remote and resource-limited settingsNicole Ngo-Giang-Huong
département Sociétés et Santé, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, U174 Program for HIV Prevention and Treatment, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:465-71. 2008..In resource-limited settings, most perinatally HIV-1-infected infants do not receive timely antiretroviral therapy because early HIV-1 diagnosis is not available or affordable...
- Resistance patterns selected by nevirapine vs. efavirenz in HIV-infected patients failing first-line antiretroviral treatment: a bayesian analysisNicole Ngo-Giang-Huong
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD UMI 174 PHPT, Marseilles, France
PLoS ONE 6:e27427. 2011..We compared patterns of NNRTI- and NRTI-associated mutations in Thai adults failing first-line nevirapine- and efavirenz-based combinations, using bayesian statistics to optimize use of data...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-hepatitis C virus co-infection in pregnant women and perinatal transmission to infants in ThailandNicole Ngo-Giang-Huong
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, U174 Program for HIV Prevention and Treatment PHPT, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Department of Medical Technology, 110 Inthawaroros Road, Muang, 50200 Chiang Mai, Thailand
Int J Infect Dis 14:e602-7. 2010....
- Risk factors for in utero or intrapartum mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in ThailandGonzague Jourdain
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMI 174 Epidemiologie Clinique, Sante Maternelle et Infantile et Sida, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 196:1629-36. 2007..The identification of risk factors for in utero and intrapartum transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) is crucial to the design and understanding of preventive interventions...
- The interrelated transmission of HIV-1 and cytomegalovirus during gestation and delivery in the offspring of HIV-infected mothersWoottichai Khamduang
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:188-92. 2011..01), and overall HIV with overall CMV infection (P = 0.001), and prematurity (P = 0.004). Congenital and acquired CMV infections are strong independent correlates of mother-to-child HIV transmission...
- Switching HIV treatment in adults based on CD4 count versus viral load monitoring: a randomized, non-inferiority trial in ThailandGonzague Jourdain
Unité Mixte Internationale 174, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD Programs for HIV Prevention and Treatment PHPT, Chiang Mai, Thailand
PLoS Med 10:e1001494. 2013..The purpose of the study was to determine whether a CD4-based monitoring and switching strategy would provide a similar clinical outcome compared to the standard VL-based strategy in Thailand...
- Association between detection of HIV-1 DNA resistance mutations by a sensitive assay at initiation of antiretroviral therapy and virologic failureGonzague Jourdain
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMI 174 PHPT, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 50:1397-404. 2010..There is no simple and efficient method to detect such mutations at the initiation of ART...
- Analysis of residual perinatal transmission of hepatitis B virus (HBV) and of genetic variants in human immunodeficiency virus and HBV co-infected women and their offspringWoottichai Khamduang
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand INSERM U966, CHRU Tours, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD UMI 174 Programs for HIV Prevention and Treatment PHPT, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Clin Virol 58:415-21. 2013..Limited data are available on the residual MTCT of HBV in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-HBV co-infected women...
- Higher placental anti-inflammatory IL-10 cytokine expression in HIV-1 infected women receiving longer zidovudine prophylaxis associated with nevirapineSakorn Pornprasert
Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Curr HIV Res 7:211-7. 2009....
- New-Onset Diabetes and Antiretroviral Treatments in HIV-Infected Adults in ThailandPrakit Riyaten
Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand Institut de recherche pour le développement IRD UMI 174 PHPT, Chiang Mai, Thailand Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA Nakornping Hospital, Chiang Mai, Thailand Prapokklao Hospital, Chantaburi, Thailand Chonburi Hospital, Chonburi, Thailand Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital, Chiang Rai, Thailand Hat Yai Hospital, Songkla, Thailand Nong Khai Hospital, Nong Khai, Thailand Samutsakhon Hospital, Samutsakhon, Thailand Mahasarakham Hospital, Mahasarakham, Thailand Sanpatong Hospital, Chiang Mai, Thailand Institut National d Etudes Démographiques, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, INSERM UPMC UMR_S938, APHP, Univ Paris 06, Paris, EVMS/Division Infectious Diseases
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 69:453-9. 2015..We estimated the incidence of new-onset diabetes and assessed the association between individual ARVs and ARV combinations, and diabetes in a large cohort in Thailand...
- Long-term hepatitis B virus (HBV) response to lamivudine-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-HBV co-infected patients in ThailandWoottichai Khamduang
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
PLoS ONE 7:e42184. 2012....
- Influence of body weight on achieving indinavir concentrations within its therapeutic window in HIV-infected Thai patients receiving indinavir boosted with ritonavirTim R Cressey
Program for HIV Prevention and Treatment IRD URI 174, Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Ther Drug Monit 33:25-31. 2011..The risk of toxic drug concentrations increases rapidly with IDV/r dose of 600/100 mg for patients less than 50 kg and therapeutic drug monitoring of IDV concentrations would help to reduce the risk of IDV-induced nephrotoxicity...
- Laboratory and clinical predictors of disease progression following initiation of combination therapy in HIV-infected adults in ThailandTrinh Duong
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, IRD UMI 174, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e43375. 2012..Data on determinants of long-term disease progression in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) are limited in low and middle-income settings...
- Characteristics of HIV type 1 (HIV-1) glycoprotein 120 env sequences in mother-infant pairs infected with HIV-1 subtype CRF01_AETanawan Samleerat
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Infect Dis 198:868-76. 2008..This finding was particularly significant for the PNGS at positions N301 and N384...
- Pharmacokinetics and virologic response of zidovudine/lopinavir/ritonavir initiated during the third trimester of pregnancyTim R Cressey
Department of Medical Technology, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
AIDS 24:2193-200. 2010....
- Efficacy and safety of 1-month postpartum zidovudine-didanosine to prevent HIV-resistance mutations after intrapartum single-dose nevirapineMarc Lallemant
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement U174, Universite Paris Descartes, Institut National d Etudes Demographiques, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpment, F 75006, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:898-908. 2010..We hypothesized that a 1-month zidovudine-didanosine course initiated at the same time as single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) would prevent the selection of nevirapine-resistance mutations...
- Early postpartum pharmacokinetics of lopinavir initiated intrapartum in Thai womenTim R Cressey
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2189-91. 2009..2 (8.0 to 17.5) microg/ml, and 4.6 (1.7 to 12.5) microg/ml, respectively, at 41 (12 to 74) h after delivery. All of the women attained adequate LPV levels through 30 days postpartum. No serious adverse events were reported...
- Intrapartum exposure to nevirapine and subsequent maternal responses to nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapyGonzague Jourdain
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 351:229-40. 2004..Whether there are clinically significant consequences in mothers who are subsequently treated with a nevirapine-containing regimen is unknown...
- Single-dose perinatal nevirapine plus standard zidovudine to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in ThailandMarc Lallemant
Epidemiologie Clinique, Sante Maternelle et Infantile et Sida, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Paris
N Engl J Med 351:217-28. 2004..We hypothesized that the administration, in addition to zidovudine, of a single dose of oral nevirapine to mothers during labor and to neonates would further reduce transmission of HIV...