Nader A Nassif
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Taper design affects failure of large-head metal-on-metal total hip replacementsNader A Nassif
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 472:564-71. 2014..Large-head metal-on-metal (MoM) hip arthroplasties have demonstrated poor survival. Damage at the taper-trunnion junction is a contributing factor; however, the influence of junction design is not well understood...
- Surgical technique: Iliosacral reconstruction with minimal spinal instrumentationNader A Nassif
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Hospital Plaza, Suite 11300 West Pavilion, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:947-55. 2013..No additional fixation is used proximally into the lumbar spine. The iliac crest remains attached to the gluteus medius, allowing potential abductor function...
- What causes unexplained pain in patients with metal-on metal hip devices? A retrieval, histologic, and imaging analysisDanyal H Nawabi
Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Service, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 472:543-54. 2014..Adverse tissue reactions associated with metal-on-metal (MOM) hips are common in resurfacing and total hip arthroplasty (THA) designs. The etiology of these reactions in painful, well-positioned arthroplasties is inconsistently described...
- Periacetabular osteotomy and combined femoral head-neck junction osteochondroplasty: a minimum two-year follow-up cohort studyNader A Nassif
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1959-66. 2012....
- Laser scanning as a useful tool in implant retrieval analysis: a demonstration using rotating platform and fixed bearing tibial insertsKirsten E Stoner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York
J Arthroplasty 28:152-6. 2013..Seven different deviation patterns were present between the RP and FB inserts and were a function of design. In conclusion laser scanning was found to be a useful objective tool for analyzing arthroplasty retrievals. ..
- Osseous remodeling after femoral head-neck junction osteochondroplastyNader A Nassif
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, Suite 11300 West Pavilion, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:511-8. 2010..Level of Evidence: Level IV, therapeutic study. See Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence...