Mari M Nakamura
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Change in adoption of electronic health records by US children's hospitalsMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1563-75. 2013..We hypothesized that children's hospitals would show progress since our initial evaluation of health information technology (HIT) implementation in 2008...
- Influenza vaccination in adolescents with high-risk conditionsMari M Nakamura
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:920-8. 2008..We assessed influenza vaccination rates from 1992 to 2002, individual continuity of vaccination, and missed opportunities for vaccination in adolescents with high-risk conditions...
- Higher prevalence of pharyngeal than nasal Staphylococcus aureus carriage in pediatric intensive care unitsMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2957-9. 2010..We examined the sensitivity of nasal and pharyngeal sampling for S. aureus colonization in 331 children admitted to intensive care units. Pharyngeal screening was more sensitive than nasal screening (92.6% versus 63.1%, P < 0.0001)...
- Pediatric readmission prevalence and variability across hospitalsJay G Berry
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 309:372-80. 2013..Readmission rates are used as an indicator of the quality of care that patients receive during a hospital admission and after discharge...
- Electronic health record adoption by children's hospitals in the United StatesMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:1145-51. 2010..To assess adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) and clinical functionalities, involvement in health information exchange, and barriers to and facilitators of adoption among children's hospitals in the United States...