Laura B Myers
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The EXIT procedure: experience and outcome in 31 casesSarah Bouchard
Division of Pediatric General, The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:418-26. 2002..The EXIT (ex utero intrapartum treatment) procedure, although initially designed for reversal of tracheal occlusion in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernias (CDH), has been adapted to treat a variety of fetal conditions...
- Anaesthesia for fetal surgeryLaura B Myers
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 12:569-78. 2002
- Fetal endoscopic surgery: indications and anaesthetic managementLaura B Myers
Department of Anaesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Bader 3, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 18:231-58. 2004..Methods of intra-operative fetal monitoring and fetal resuscitation will also be discussed...
- Combined general and epidural anesthesia for a child with alagille syndrome: a case reportKathirvel Subramaniam
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 14:787-91. 2004..We describe the perioperative management of a pediatric patient with Alagille syndrome undergoing ileal exclusion and the specific issues associated with epidural anesthesia with this syndrome...
- Epidural versus general anesthesia for twin-twin transfusion syndrome requiring fetal surgeryLaura B Myers
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 5737, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 19:286-91. 2004..This paper describes our experiences with epidural and general anesthesia for selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation (SFLP) of placental vascular anastomoses in patients with severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Ex utero intrapartum treatment with placement on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for fetal thoracic massesShaun M Kunisaki
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:420-5. 2007..We describe our experience with fetuses diagnosed with life-threatening chest masses who were delivered by ex utero intrapartum treatment with placement on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (EXIT-to-ECMO)...
- Ex utero intrapartum treatment with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for severe congenital diaphragmatic herniaShaun M Kunisaki
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:98-104; discussion 104-6. 2007....
- Ultrasonographic guidance for location of the trachea during the EXIT procedure for cervical teratomaLaura B Myers
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 5737, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:E12. 2003..The authors report the use of intraoperative ultrasound guidance during an EXIT procedure for an infant with massive cervical teratoma to aid in identification of the trachea...
- Fetal surgery in otolaryngology: a new era in the diagnosis and management of fetal airway obstruction because of advances in prenatal imagingReza Rahbar
Department of Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:393-8. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and outcome of prenatal imaging and fetal surgery in the diagnosis and management of fetal airway obstruction caused by cervical teratoma or lymphatic malformation...
- Fetal painLaura B Myers
JAMA 295:159; author reply 160-1. 2006