Gail F Musen
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Resting-state brain functional connectivity is altered in type 2 diabetesGail Musen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 61:2375-9. 2012..T2DM patients showed reduced functional connectivity in the DMN compared with control subjects, which was associated with insulin resistance in selected brain regions, but there were no group effects of brain structure or cognition...
- Effects of type 1 diabetes on gray matter density as measured by voxel-based morphometryGail Musen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:326-33. 2006..Our study represents the first comprehensive study of gray matter density changes in type 1 diabetes and suggests that persistent hyperglycemia and acute severe hypoglycemia have an impact on brain structure...
- Regional brain activation during hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetesGail Musen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place Room 350, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1450-7. 2008..Mechanisms underlying the brain response to hypoglycemia are not well understood...
- Cognition and brain imaging in type 1 diabetesGail Musen
Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Diab Rep 8:132-7. 2008..Early detections of brain changes may be early indicators of subsequent cognitive abnormalities...
- Impact of diabetes and its treatment on cognitive function among adolescents who participated in the Diabetes Control and Complications TrialGail Musen
1Joslin Diabetes Center Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1933-8. 2008....
- Long-term effect of diabetes and its treatment on cognitive functionAlan M Jacobson
N Engl J Med 356:1842-52. 2007..Long-standing concern about the effects of type 1 diabetes on cognitive ability has increased with the use of therapies designed to bring glucose levels close to the nondiabetic range and the attendant increased risk of severe hypoglycemia...
- Identifying Biomarkers of Alzheimers in Insulin Resistant Patients using MRIGail F Musen; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will allow us to evaluate outcomes of early intervention for insulin resistant individuals during the prodromal phase of Alzheimer's disease. ..