Shawn N Murphy
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Serving the enterprise and beyond with informatics for integrating biology and the bedside (i2b2)Shawn N Murphy
Laboratory of Computer Science, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:124-30. 2010..The current version of this software has been released into the public domain and is available at the URL: http://www.i2b2.org/software...
- Strategies for maintaining patient privacy in i2b2Shawn N Murphy
Laboratory of Computer Science, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:i103-8. 2011..Some of these challenges arise from a misperception that the problem should be solved technically when actually the problem needs a holistic solution...
- QT interval and antidepressant use: a cross sectional study of electronic health recordsVictor M Castro
Partners Research Computing, Partners HealthCare System, One Constitution Center, Boston, MA 02129, USA
BMJ 346:f288. 2013..To quantify the impact of citalopram and other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on corrected QT interval (QTc), a marker of risk for ventricular arrhythmia, in a large and diverse clinical population...
- Feasibility of studying brain morphology in major depressive disorder with structural magnetic resonance imaging and clinical data from the electronic medical record: a pilot studyWouter S Hoogenboom
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, United States
Psychiatry Res 211:202-13. 2013..The use of EMR data for psychiatric research may provide a timely and cost-effective approach with the potential to generate large study samples reflective of the real population with the illness studied...
- The SMART Platform: early experience enabling substitutable applications for electronic health recordsKenneth D Mandl
Children s Hospital Informatics Program at Harvard MIT Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:597-603. 2012..The authors believe this is a promising approach to driving down healthcare costs, supporting standards evolution, accommodating differences in care workflow, fostering competition in the market, and accelerating innovation...
- Extracting principal diagnosis, co-morbidity and smoking status for asthma research: evaluation of a natural language processing systemQing T Zeng
Decision Systems Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:30. 2006..The text descriptions in electronic medical records are a rich source of information. We have developed a Health Information Text Extraction (HITEx) tool and used it to extract key findings for a research study on airways disease...
- SHRINE: Enabling Nationally Scalable Multi-Site Disease StudiesAndrew J McMurry
Center for Biomedical Informatics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Children s Hospital Informatics Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America, i2b2 National Center for Biomedical Computing, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Bioinformatics Program, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e55811. 2013..The wide range of study objectives and growing adoption suggest that SHRINE may be applicable beyond the research uses and participating hospitals named in this report...
- Current state of information technologies for the clinical research enterprise across academic medical centersShawn N Murphy
Partners HealthCare System, Inc, Research Computing, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:281-4. 2012..These differences appeared to be partially due to a set of openly available applications that have emerged to occupy an important place in the landscape of clinical research enterprise-level support at AMC's...
- Apps to display patient data, making SMART available in the i2b2 platformNich Wattanasin
Partners HealthCare System, Boston, MA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2012:960-9. 2012..In i2b2, viewing the patient in an EMR-like view enables a natural-feeling medical review process for each patient...
- Antidepressant response in patients with major depression exposed to NSAIDs: a pharmacovigilance studyPatience J Gallagher
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:1065-72. 2012..CONCLUSIONS These results support an association between NSAID use and poorer antidepressant outcomes in major depressive disorder but indicate that some of the observed effect may be a result of confounding...
- A translational engine at the national scale: informatics for integrating biology and the bedsideIsaac S Kohane
Harvard Medical School Center for Biomedical Informatics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:181-5. 2012..i2b2 has been adopted by over 60 academic health centers internationally...
- The Shared Health Research Information Network (SHRINE): a prototype federated query tool for clinical data repositoriesGriffin M Weber
Information Technology, Harvard Medical School, 107 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:624-30. 2009..This will guide us in creating a future technical architecture that is scalable to a national level, compliant with ethical guidelines, and protective of the interests of the participating hospitals...
- Genetic basis of autoantibody positive and negative rheumatoid arthritis risk in a multi-ethnic cohort derived from electronic health recordsFina Kurreeman
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy and Division of Genetics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Am J Hum Genet 88:57-69. 2011....
- Rapid identification of myocardial infarction risk associated with diabetes medications using electronic medical recordsJohn S Brownstein
Children s Hospital Informatics Program at the Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 33:526-31. 2010..Our use of usual care electronic data sources from a large hospital network represents an innovative approach to rapid safety signal detection that may enable more effective postmarketing drug surveillance...