Mahasin S Mujahid
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Relation between neighborhood environments and obesity in the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisMahasin S Mujahid
Robert Wood Johnson Health and Society Program, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:1349-57. 2008..52 (95% CI: 0.07, 0.97) kg/m(2)). Improvement in the neighborhood physical environment should be considered for its contribution to reducing obesity...
- The impact of sociodemographic, treatment, and work support on missed work after breast cancer diagnosisMahasin S Mujahid
Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:213-20. 2010..Health care providers need to be aware of these adverse consequences of breast cancer diagnosis and initial treatment...
- Psychosocial stressors and cigarette smoking among African American adults in midlifeNatalie Slopen
Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University, 50 Church Street, 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:1161-9. 2012..Limited research has comprehensively examined psychosocial stressors in relation to smoking among Blacks...
- Early life adversity and inflammation in African Americans and whites in the midlife in the United States surveyNatalie Slopen
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychosom Med 72:694-701. 2010..To determine whether early life adversity (ELA) was predictive of inflammatory markers and to determine the consistency of these associations across racial groups...
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal associations of BMI with socioeconomic characteristicsMahasin S Mujahid
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
Obes Res 13:1412-21. 2005..To examine cross sectional and longitudinal associations of socioeconomic position and neighborhood environments with BMI in a middle-aged and bi-ethnic cohort...
- Assessing the measurement properties of neighborhood scales: from psychometrics to ecometricsMahasin S Mujahid
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:858-67. 2007..These results illustrate a methodological approach for assessing the measurement properties of neighborhood-level constructs and show that these constructs can be measured reliably...
- Neighborhood characteristics and hypertensionMahasin S Mujahid
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Epidemiology 19:590-8. 2008..The goal of this study was to investigate cross-sectional associations between features of neighborhoods and hypertension and to examine the sensitivity of results to various methods of estimating neighborhood conditions...
- Racial/ethnic differences in adequacy of information and support for women with breast cancerNancy K Janz
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Cancer 113:1058-67. 2008..Providing breast cancer patients with needed information and support is an essential component of quality care. This study investigated racial/ethnic variations in the information received and in the availability of peer support...