Affiliation: Harvard University
- Epidemic West Nile encephalitis, New York, 1999: results of a household-based seroepidemiological surveyF Mostashari
Communicable Disease Program, New York City Department of Health, NY 10013, USA
Lancet 358:261-4. 2001..We did a household-based seroepidemiological survey to assess more clearly the public-health impact of the epidemic, its range of illness, and risk factors associated with infection...
- The outbreak of West Nile virus infection in the New York City area in 1999D Nash
Communicable Disease Program, New York City Department of Health, New York 10013, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1807-14. 2001..The initial epidemiologic and environmental investigations suggested an arboviral cause...
- West Nile virus infection in mosquitoes, birds, horses, and humans, Staten Island, New York, 2000V L Kulasekera
New York City Department of Health, 125 Worth Street, New York, NY 10013, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 7:722-5. 2001..pipiens and Cx. restuans as the primary enzootic and epizootic vectors among birds, Cx. salinarius as the primary bridge vector for humans, and Aedes/Ochlerotatus spp. as bridge vectors for equine infection...
- How many illnesses does one emergency department visit represent? Using a population-based telephone survey to estimate the syndromic multiplierKristina B Metzger
Bureau of Epidemiology Services, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth Street, Room 315, CN 6, New York, NY 10013, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:106-11. 2004....
- New York City syndromic surveillance systemsRichard Heffernan
Data Analysis Unit, Bureau of Communicable Disease, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth St, Room 318, Box 22A, New York, NY 10013, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:23-7. 2004....
- Benchmark data and power calculations for evaluating disease outbreak detection methodsMartin Kulldorff
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, 133 Brookline Avenue, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:144-51. 2004..Space-time disease-surveillance methods have been proposed as a supplement to purely temporal statistical methods for outbreak detection to detect localized outbreaks before they spread to larger regions...
- Monitoring over-the-counter medication sales for early detection of disease outbreaks--New York CityDebjani Das
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 54:41-6. 2005..Since August 2002, the New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) has tracked OTC medication sales to enhance detection of natural and intentional infectious disease outbreaks...
- Nationwide outbreak of listeriosis due to contaminated meatP S Mead
Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Epidemiol Infect 134:744-51. 2006..Standardized molecular subtyping and coordinated, multi-jurisdiction investigations can greatly facilitate detection and control of listeriosis outbreaks...