Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Expression of the Hsp23 chaperone during Drosophila embryogenesis: association to distinct neural and glial lineagesSebastien Michaud
Laboratoire de Génétique Cellulaire et Développementale, Departement de Medecine, Pavillon Marchand, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
BMC Dev Biol 3:9. 2003..The present study provides a detailed description of the Drosophila small heat shock protein Hsp23 expression pattern during embryogenesis and evaluates its functional contribution to central nervous system development...
- Drosophila small heat shock proteins: cell and organelle-specific chaperones?Sebastien Michaud
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Genetics, Department of Medicine, Pavillon Marchand, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, G1K 7P4, Canada
Prog Mol Subcell Biol 28:79-101. 2002
- Gene expression profiling implicates OXPHOS complexes in lifespan extension of flies over-expressing a small mitochondrial chaperone, Hsp22Hyun Ju Kim
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Genetics, Department of Medicine, PROTEO, Pav C E Marchand, Universite Laval, 1030 Ave de la Médecine, Quebec, Canada
Exp Gerontol 45:611-20. 2010..The up-regulation of genes of the OXPHOS system in Hsp22+ flies suggest that mitochondrial homeostasis is at the center of Hsp22 beneficial effects on lifespan...
- The nuclear localization of Drosophila Hsp27 is dependent on a monopartite arginine-rich NLS and is uncoupled from its association to nuclear specklesSebastien Michaud
Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Genetics, Department of Medicine and CREFSIP, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada G1K 7P4
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1200-10. 2008..The present study identifies two distinct sets of sequences respectively mediating the nuclear import of Hsp27 and its association to nuclear speckles. These two phenomena are uncoupled and can be separately abrogated...
- Overexpression of the small mitochondrial Hsp22 extends Drosophila life span and increases resistance to oxidative stressGenevieve Morrow
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Genetics, CREFSIP and Department Medicine, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
FASEB J 18:598-9. 2004..These observations establish Hsp22 as a key player in cell-protection mechanisms against oxidative injuries and aging in Drosophila and corroborate the pivotal role of mitochondria in the process of aging...