Affiliation: Harvard University
- Promoting scholarship during child and adolescent psychiatry residencyEnrico Mezzacappa
Dept of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:443-7. 2012..Here, the authors report on the adaptation, implementation, and results attained with a broadly applicable, developmental, competency-based framework for promoting scholarship during child and adolescent psychiatry residency...
- Alerting, orienting, and executive attention: developmental properties and sociodemographic correlates in an epidemiological sample of young, urban childrenEnrico Mezzacappa
Psychiatry Research, The Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Child Dev 75:1373-86. 2004..Findings are discussed in the context of developmental and sociodemographic factors relevant to attention and executive functions...
- Prenatal cigarette exposure and infant learning stimulation as predictors of cognitive control in childhoodEnrico Mezzacappa
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital Boston, USA
Dev Sci 14:881-91. 2011....
- Self-regulation and its relations to adaptive functioning in low income youthsJohn C Buckner
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 79:19-30. 2009..Findings are discussed in light of their implications for theory and intervention for children of diverse economic backgrounds...
- Retrospective study of hepatic enzyme elevations in children treated with olanzapine, divalproex, and their combinationJoseph Gonzalez-Heydrich
Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1227-33. 2003..To evaluate hepatic enzyme elevations during treatment with olanzapine, divalproex, and their combination...
- A comparison of divalproex and oxcarbazepine in aggressive youth with bipolar disorderCarlene M MacMillan
Psychopharmacology Program, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 12:214-22. 2006..Divalproex (DVP) and oxcarbazepine (OXC) are used to treat pediatric bipolar disorder (PBPD) with severe aggression but these agents have not been compared in head to head trials...
- A competency-based model for research training during psychiatry residencyHesham M Hamoda
Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 19:78-85. 2011..Finally, we propose a broadly applicable, developmental, competency-based framework for applying these core elements to research training during psychiatry residency...
- Characteristics of resilient youths living in poverty: the role of self-regulatory processesJohn C Buckner
Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Psychopathol 15:139-62. 2003..Study findings are discussed with regard to the theoretical framework of self-regulation and their implications for preventive intervention...