Affiliation: Harvard University
- Population health impact and cost-effectiveness of tuberculosis diagnosis with Xpert MTB/RIF: a dynamic simulation and economic evaluationNicolas A Menzies
Center for Health Decision Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 9:e1001347. 2012..As roll-out proceeds, it is essential to understand the potential health impact and cost-effectiveness of diagnostic strategies based on Xpert...
- The costs and effectiveness of four HIV counseling and testing strategies in UgandaNick Menzies
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS 23:395-401. 2009..HIV counseling and testing (HCT) is a key intervention for HIV/AIDS control, and new strategies have been developed for expanding coverage in developing countries. We compared costs and outcomes of four HCT strategies in Uganda...
- Cost-effectiveness of routine rapid human immunodeficiency virus antibody testing before DNA-PCR testing for early diagnosis of infants in resource-limited settingsNicolas A Menzies
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:819-25. 2009....
- Non-monotonicity in the episodic random utility modelNicolas A Menzies
Center for Health Decision Sciences, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Health Econ 20:1523-31. 2011..These results present some challenge to the use of the eRUM estimator in generating health-state valuations for population health measurement and economic evaluation...
- Increasing access to HIV counseling and testing through mobile services in Kenya: strategies, utilization, and cost-effectivenessKristina L Grabbe
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 54:317-23. 2010..Mobile HCT approaches assessed were community-site mobile HCT, semimobile container HCT, and fully mobile truck HCT. Data were obtained from project monitoring data, project accounts, and personnel interviews...
- Characteristics of HIV care and treatment in PEPFAR-supported sitesScott J Filler
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:e1-6. 2011..4 million individuals as of September 2009. With increasing resources targeted toward rapid scale-up, it is important to understand the characteristics of current PEPFAR-supported HIV care and treatment sites...