Lynn T Matthews
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Strategies for harm reduction among HIV-affected couples who want to conceiveLynn T Matthews
Division of Infectious Disease, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis Street, LMOB Suite GB, Boston, MA 02215, USA
AIDS Behav 13:5-11. 2009..However, for most couples such technologies are neither geographically nor economically accessible. This paper addresses the options for safer procreation among HIV-affected couples who cannot access reproductive technologies...
- Antiretrovirals and safer conception for HIV-serodiscordant couplesLynn T Matthews
Massachusetts General Hospital, Center for Global Health and Division of Infectious Disease, Boston, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 7:569-78. 2012..HIV-prevention science can be applied to reduce sexual transmission risk while respecting couples' reproductive goals. Here we discuss antiretrovirals as prevention in the context of safer conception for HIV-serodiscordant couples...
- Reproductive counseling by clinic healthcare workers in Durban, South Africa: perspectives from HIV-infected men and women reporting serodiscordant partnersL T Matthews
Division of Infectious Disease and Center for Global Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2012:146348. 2012....
- Birth weight for gestational age norms for a large cohort of infants born to HIV-negative women in Botswana compared with norms for U.S.-born black infantsLynn T Matthews
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Division of Infectious Disease, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Pediatr 11:115. 2011....
- A risk-factor guided approach to reducing lactic acidosis and hyperlactatemia in patients on antiretroviral therapyLynn T Matthews
Division of Infectious Disease, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18736. 2011..The use of zidovudine instead of stavudine in higher-risk patients to reduce the likelihood of lactic acidosis and hyperlactatemia (LAHL) has not been examined...
- Dissemination of Research Findings to Research Participants Living with HIV in Rural Uganda: Challenges and RewardsAnna Baylor
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda
PLoS Med 10:e1001397. 2013..David Bangsberg and colleagues explore the challenges and rewards of sharing research findings with participants living with HIV enrolled in observational research in rural sub-Saharan Africa...
- Women with pregnancies had lower adherence to 1% tenofovir vaginal gel as HIV preexposure prophylaxis in CAPRISA 004, a phase IIB randomized-controlled trialLynn T Matthews
Massachusetts General Hospital, Division of Infectious Disease, Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e56400. 2013..Maximizing the benefit of periconception pharmacologic HIV risk-reduction requires an understanding of the links between pregnancy and adherence to this prevention strategy...
- Reproductive decision-making and periconception practices among HIV-positive men and women attending HIV services in Durban, South AfricaLynn T Matthews
Division of Infectious Diseases and Center for Global Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AIDS Behav 17:461-70. 2013....