Affiliation: Harvard University
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of word processing in the human cortexKsenija Marinkovic
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Neuroscientist 10:142-52. 2004..Because the same areas may participate in multiple stages of semantic or syntactic processing, it is crucial to consider both spatial and temporal aspects of their interactions to appreciate how the brain understands words...
- Effects of alcohol on verbal processing: an event-related potential studyKsenija Marinkovic
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:415-23. 2004..Using event-related potentials (ERP) and a word-recognition paradigm, this study investigated the effects of alcohol intoxication on prelexical, semantic, and mnemonic aspects of verbal processing...
- Head position in the MEG helmet affects the sensitivity to anterior sourcesK Marinkovic
Athinoula A Martinos Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neurol Clin Neurophysiol 2004:30. 2004..These results emphasize the need to adjust the head position in the helmet in order to maximize the "visibility" of the sources in the anterior brain regions in cognitive and language tasks...
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of modality-specific and supramodal word processingKsenija Marinkovic
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuron 38:487-97. 2003..Comparison of response patterns during repetition priming between the two modalities suggest that they are initiated by modality-specific memory systems, but that they are eventually elaborated mainly in supramodal areas...
- Frontal white matter and cingulum diffusion tensor imaging deficits in alcoholismGordon J Harris
Department of Neurology, Athinoula A Martinos Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1001-13. 2008..In the present study, we examined the integrity of white matter tracts that are critical to frontal and limbic connectivity...
- Decoding word and category-specific spatiotemporal representations from MEG and EEGAlexander M Chan
Medical Engineering and Medical Physics, Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Neuroimage 54:3028-39. 2011....
- Spatiotemporal maps of past-tense verb inflectionRupali P Dhond
Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84105, USA
Neuroimage 19:91-100. 2003..Thus, the brain inflects verbs by dynamically modulating different functional divisions of an integrated language system...
- N400-like magnetoencephalography responses modulated by semantic context, word frequency, and lexical class in sentencesEric Halgren
MGH NMR Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuroimage 17:1101-16. 2002..These results help identify a distributed cortical network that supports online semantic processing...
- Decreased volume of the brain reward system in alcoholismNikos Makris
Athinoula A Martinos Center, Harvard Medical School Department of Neurology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:192-202. 2008..We examined whether reward-network brain volumes are reduced in alcoholics and how volumes of subcomponents within this system are correlated with memory and drinking history...
- Alcohol and Multimodal Brain ImagingKsenija Marinkovic; Fiscal Year: 2006..The integrated training and research program will enable the candidate to independently apply these multimodal imaging tools to advance our knowledge of alcohol's effects on the brain. ..
- Spatiotemporal Brain Imaging of Alcohol Effects on Inhibitory ControlKsenija Marinkovic; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research has ramifications for traffic- or work-related hazards and may elucidate the alcohol-induced impairment of self-regulatory functions contributing to alcohol abuse and dependence ..