Affiliation: Harvard University
- Innovative approaches for improving maternal and newborn health - A landscape analysisKarsten Lunze
Department of Medicine Boston, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 15:337. 2015..This study's aim was to analyze the landscape of innovative MNH approaches and related published evidence...
- Food security and nutrition in the Russian Federation - a health policy analysisKarsten Lunze
Department of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Glob Health Action 8:27537. 2015..NCDs are largely related to preventable risk factors such as unhealthy diets...
- Prevention and management of neonatal hypothermia in rural ZambiaKarsten Lunze
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Department of Global Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e92006. 2014..Since little is known about practices related to newborn hypothermia in rural Africa, this study's goal was to characterize relevant practices, attitudes, and beliefs in rural Zambia...
- Trauma in conflict and postconflict settings: contributions to health systems strengtheningF I Lunze
Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Minerva Chir 68:275-80. 2013..Awareness for late trauma sequelae, including mental health trauma, is essential to appropriately address victims' needs...
- Financial incentives for healthy behavior: ethical safeguards for behavioral economicsKarsten Lunze
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:659-65. 2013..Incentive programs need to incorporate appropriate safeguards to monitor these risks and support fairness in offering economic incentives to promote healthy behavior...
- Tobacco control in the Russian Federation--a policy analysisKarsten Lunze
School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Public Health 13:64. 2013..The purpose of this study is to analyze past and current trends of the tobacco epidemic in the Russian Federation, review current tobacco control policy responses, and identify areas of opportunity for policy priorities...
- The global burden of neonatal hypothermia: systematic review of a major challenge for newborn survivalKarsten Lunze
Boston University School of Medicine, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, Crosstown 2077, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
BMC Med 11:24. 2013..To provide evidence on the global epidemiological situation of neonatal hypothermia and to provide recommendations for future policy and research directions...
- Nondisclosure of HIV infection to sex partners and alcohol's role: a Russian experienceKarsten Lunze
Boston Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University, 801 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118, USA
AIDS Behav 17:390-8. 2013..Nondisclosure of HIV status to sex partners is common among HIV-infected Russians, however alcohol does not appear to be a predictor of recent disclosure...
- Thermal protection of the newborn in resource-limited environmentsK Lunze
Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Perinatol 32:317-24. 2012..Integration of relatively simple thermal protection interventions into existing mother and child health programs can effectively prevent newborn hypothermia even in resource-limited environments...
- Addressing the burden of post-conflict surgical disease - strategies from the North CaucasusKarsten Lunze
Preventive Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Glob Public Health 6:669-77. 2011..Integration of our strategy into broader efforts might strengthen the local health system through management and leadership...